Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheAmbler

New user -- bit of VoxATC help?

Guest TheAmbler

Really like this add-on, because I can use UK ATC procedures, but I have a few questions:- I generally fly GA VFR. does the VoxATC system only work when you file a flight plan VFR- Did a short flight between two airports, landed, taxiied -- all fine. Saved the flight. But when I load it again and start VoxATC its asking me to contact the Approach for the airport, despite me being parked up engines off on the ground? It thinks I'm still in the air, wanting to get into the class D. Perhaps I went to the wrong parking place on the previous flight, but how do I 'reset' VoxATC to do a new flight.- What's the best source of the extra voicesMany thanks for any help.

Welcome to the VoxATC experience. I get the best results by generating the flight plan, either VFR or IFR, saving the flight plan then let FSX move you to the departure airport. At that point before starting VoxATC save your flight. You can then restart the flight any time you want. As for the extra voices, most people use the AT&T Natural Voices which can be purchased at www.nextup.com. If you wish to get rid of the default Microsoft Mike and Mary voices you will need to purchase the AT&T Mike and Krystal package which includes the Natural Voice text to speech engine and two voices for $25. You can purchase an additional male and female voice for $35 each. A bit pricey but it sure improves the experience. You might do a search on this subject as there have been numerous posts about using AT&T and other voices. Good luck.

>Welcome to the VoxATC experience. I get the best results by>generating the flight plan, either VFR or IFR, saving the>flight plan then let FSX move you to the departure airport.Bruce, do you really let FSX move your plane to the FP? Any fun starting on the runway? You comments please.Thanks.

You are right. As a real world Private Pilot I know that half the fun and challange is getting to and from the runway, especially at an unfamiliar airport. When you use the flight planner to select your departure airport you can designate a parking spot with the Choose runway / starting position menu for that airport. When you save the flight after FSX positions your aircraft this location will be saved. I also make sure the aircraft is powered down before saving the flight so as to start "cold and dark." The earlier versions of VoxATC also recommended that you save the flight, exit and then reload the flight before starting VoxATC so I have continued to use this procedure as it has always worked for me.