Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

Speech TTS default voice overrides Vox ATC Male voices

After using the newest version of VoxATC and installing additional AT&T male and female voices I noticed both male voices sounded identical while the female voices were correct. I had selected the AT&T Mike voice as " the computers default voice" in the Control Panel / Speech / Text to Speech setup. In the vox voice setup I selected AT&T Mike as the male controller and AT&T Rich as the pilot. When you click on the speak button the voice identifies itself correctly but both voices are Mike. The female voices are correct. Even stranger I selected the default voice as MS Mary and returned to the Vox voice setup. You guessed it, now both male voices identify themselves as ATT Mike and Rich but in MS Marys voice. Is anyone else having this issue and what can I do to get my extra $30 voice to work?

FIXED! I deinstalled VoxATC and the full AT&T speech engine and all AT&T voices. After reinstalling the AT&T package and verifying the voices in the SPEECH panel I reinstalled VoxATC-X and performed the voice setup within VoxATC. Now even with MS Mary set as the computers default voice I get the proper voices in the Vox voice panel. Thanks Tegwyn for your prompt respose and suggestions.