Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Confusion

I went to the link (RCSimulations) from the Vox ATC site to try and buy the FSX version of VOX ATC (I already have the FS9 version), but the RCSimulations site is not very clear on which version does what, and there seem to be a lot of versions, for when I did a product search on VOX ATC on that site, it found eighteen results.For example there is an X UK DVD version at 79.95, which like a lot of the other ones, is listed twice, then an X Universal for FSX version (whatever that means) for 49.95, then a Universal version with 2 voices for the same price, then an X Universal version for 24.95, then a UK X version for 29.95. It surely can't just be me that finds this confusing can it?There is no explanation as to the differences on the site and it seems rather odd to be paying nearly twice as much for a DVD version that (one assumes) is the same, since no explanation otherwise is made as to the difference. In addition to all this confusion, the product detail for each version listed repeats itself when you click on the links, and does not elaborate on what the differences are. Then to make matters worse there is a bit of text saying that download versions are available at another site, and that link didn't seem to work at all.In the end I gave up my attempt to buy the product, because I didn't want to end up with something that was not what I wanted, and there was no way to determine what I would want from the confused layout of the site.Then I tried to use the 'Contact Us' option back on the Vox ATC site, and that bombed the page with an error message.If you anybody could elaborate on which version does what and sort out the confusion, I'd probably buy it - since the FS9 version was great - but until then, I don't want to risk attempting to buy it from that confused mess of a site and end up with something that is not what I wanted.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hi Chock,It depends on which version you want and which version you already have. If you have the DVD version for FS9 you already have two of the AT&T voicesets. If you already have the UK version for FS9 you may have even had four voicesets on that DVD (depending on when you bought it). There are basically four versions of VoxATC X, two downloadable versions, one universal, the other with the UK specific terminology, both of which I understand can be run in FSX. Two DVD versions, the universal which comes with two AT&T voicesets and the UK version which comes with four AT&T voicesets, hence the higher price for the UK version. Let me know what you already have and which version exactly you want and I'll try to help point you in the right direction for which to click "buy now" for ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

By the way Zfehr, thank you for trying to help.Chock

Alan Bradbury

Frankly, I don't even know which version of the FS9 one I have (it was a digital purchase via download, bought some time in 2005, if that helps anyone identify it). Since I bought it so long ago I don't even know where the installer is (probably on a disk somewhere).With regards to getting it for FSX, I just want something that will work for European flights from the UK in FSX.Incidentally, if anyone involved with the marketing for VOX ATC sees this thread, you need to go and find whoever designed the layout of the rcsimulations website, and shoot them, because the appalling job they have done must be losing you sales on a daily basis!Chock

Alan Bradbury

Hi Chock,You may or may not be using the UK version in FS9. If you purchased the download version that one didn't come with the AT&T voices so you probably are using the Microsoft Mike and Mary, if you are only using Microsoft Mike and don't have the option of adding a female voice you might want to get the latest version of VoxATC or FS9. Make sure you have your registration details (you did save that, yes?) before uninstalling the old version and installing the new version then re-registering.If you installed to the default locations you should find your folder for VoxATC in the address section of the screenshot below and the indexer is also highlighted.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175605.jpgYou can also find the indexer from the "start" menu for windows. You need to run this indexer any time you make a change to scenery or your aircraft, ie adding new scenery or aircraft. I've highlighted the places you need to click although your screen will look different and the locations may be entirely different since you don't have the same programs installed.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175604.jpgAs for which one to purchase, that is up to you and how much you want to spend. You can just opt for the VoxATC X download version and that will be the least expensive. If you want the AT&T voices get the DVD and if you really want the UK specific version that DVD will include four voices and allow you to have both American English and British English accents in male and female variants.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks very much for your efforts in helping, much appreciated.I've no idea where my registration details are, they might be saved on another computer somewhere, (let's hope so) since there doesn't appear to be any way to find out what the code I had was from the folder on my computer in the registered version I have, it just says Vox ATC is registered (yeah thanks for that computer, I already knew that!)If not, I guess getting a more up to date FS9 version is out. Is the more up to date FS9 version worth getting anyway? What is different about it? I know that the version I have can be a bit fussy sometimes, refusing to give me take off clearance when at the hold point occasionally, was that fixed? I do still use FS9 too, since I have a lot of PMDG stuff for it, and the Flight 1 ATR runs better in FS9 than it does in FSX!Chock

Alan Bradbury

Confusion here, too, Zane! Looks like you're it for tech support, too. Is this the case?My question is - how do I get a downloadable FSX version with the AT&T voices? I've downloaded the FSX trial, set it up and went through a first flight - very satisfied, too - except that the voices are pretty artificial-sounding. I went to another recommended site and listened to those (AT&T) voices, and was impressed. These appear to be included only on the DVD version. . . is this so?. . . thanks,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,I am just another VoxATC user that comes in to help when I can on this forum. If you have purchased the download version of VoxATC you don't have the AT&T voices and would need to purchase them individually through AT&T or another vendor. There are several posts regarding upgraded voices with links. If you have not yet purchased and like what you see in the demo but want the voices I do recommend purchasing the DVD version since the voices are bundled and therefore less expensive than buying separately via download. The voices are also huge files and unless you have fast ISP service they will take quite a while.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Zane; Thanks for the quick response! I haven't purchased the D/L version yet - I will do that from home tonight, but trying it for the thirty minutes that I did has convinced me to risk my wife's wrath! I've just downloaded the 16bit voices from Nextup. $35 U$. Just finished burning them to CD. I didn't want to be waiting for a DVD to come: the last one - maybe four years ago, was from MAAM-Sim - the DC3: it came cracked, and the eventual wait was perhaps five weeks, plus phone calls. I think with todays high-speed internet there's no reason for the "CD's in the mail Sir" frustrations. I have to say the VoxATC system is just what I've been hoping for, and I'm expecting the addition of these extra voices will fix it fully. Again - many thanks!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.