Sign in to follow this  
Guest planter_ndb

Ground handling

Guest planter_ndb

Hi,I have a problem concerning ground handling.Say I have one runway, 25. North of this RWY are 2 parallel TWY, November and Sierra. Problem is that both, arrival and departing traffic are instructed via Sierra. When taxiing with eg a C172 I can somehow manage to avoid the bigirons on crashcourse. But when driving a bigiron myself I get stuck.Blockings involving AI-only traffic can also be observed after a while sometimes. But as it seems at a first glance, only on certainAP-Layouts. Have to investigate further, though.Is the groundhandling a general problem with VoxATC or is there a workaround available ? In the example above, I ignore the taxi instruction and proceed via November nevertheless. However, what to do at an unfamiliar airport...Otherwise a great program, congrats !

Guest planter_ndb

Eg like this. If i went via the south-twy, as instructed by ATC I'd be stuck in the jam.Haven't checked out yet what would happen if another A/C tried to leave the RWY behind the A320...RWY blocked ?2007-8-10_5-52-9-788fb.jpgReally great program. However, ground operations could be improved.

Guest sox

Hi:I sometimes run into AI traffic problems at the busier aerodromes also. Sometimes I'll just ignore the designated taxiways and use an alternate route...I shut off VoxATC and restart when I'm airborne...not very realistic I'm afraid but until a work-around appears it seems to be the only answer.Also, I've activated the "ignore collisions" out of necessity as I often will have "heavies" overtaking me on final, though I certainly enjoy the joyride I get from their wake. And of course I have to leave the taxiways if I don't want to collide with that 747!VoxATC is a great program and hopefully some day these irritating work-arounds won't be necessary.Sox.

Guest Lion

Hello pilots,At what percentage the traffic level within VoxATC is set? Can anybody give me an 'example airport'? These ground handling problems can happen specially when the traffic percentage within VoxATC is set at a higher level (70-100%), the airport gets crowded in such way which causes this effect. Decreasing the traffic level might solve this problem (less realistic but still) I will do some extra tests myself and contact the developers but I think it's difficult to solve it for 100%,Kind regards,Lion JanssenVoxATC Beta tester

Guest sox

Hi Lion:You're correct about the traffic levels of course but I have My Traffic and just love watching all the activity going on....so I usually have traffic level around 90%.I fly Beavers only (occasional 152 for training purposes) and so I'm easily overtaken by the heavies on final. Interestingly, if I'm flying from CYYJ (Victoria, B.C.) to CYVR (Vancouver, B.C.), I'm usually vectored for rwy 12 approach. I don't think that I've ever made it in without being overtaken by a heavy on short final. I also run Active Sky so I get a real joyride from the wake!CYVR is an interesting site to depart with VoxATC...most of the time ATC sends me to rwy 8 but it doesn't say 08R or 08L...from experience I know it means 08R. Once again I've found from experience not to bother with a correct approach to the departure area via the holding area as I will sit there aproximately for ever. What is required for VoxATC to issue the "go" command is to actually taxi across 08R then turn around and come back and approach the rwy from the opposite side or alternatively to actually go part way down 08R and turn around and come back to the threshold. It is in this situation where I will sometimes just go ahead and takeoff without clearance, turn off VoxATC and then restart it again when I'm airborne. Not very realistic I'm afraid but not much choice in the matter.As I said before, VoxATC is a great program and I can't imagine flying without it but until one learns its little quirks it can be most frustrating.Sox.

Guest Lion

Hi Sox,When taxiing to and reaching runway 08R at CYVR and you want to ask for TO clearance, even when the VoxATC program does not give you the oppertunity in the VoxATC window because the text does not turn 'active' (saying you may speak now)you can 'force' the 'go' command you where talking about by pressing '0' followed by '3' (call for departure)in the VoxATC options menu. This way you don't have to sit in the holding area for ever, you don't have to taxi across 08R then turn around and come back and approach the rwy from the opposite side or alternatively to actually go part way down 08R and turn around and come back to the threshold and you don't need to turn off VoxATC and then restart it again when you're airborne.I've tried this myself and it works fine with the version i'm using but I assume this option is also available in yours. Also, in my case ATC does say 08 right or 08 left! Now again, i'm not sure if it has something to do with the newer(beta)version i'm working with but it's worth trying, anyway in the future your problems are solved,Lion

Guest sox

Hi Lion:Thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time I'm @ CYVR.The issue with 08R and 08L may be solved in FSX. I have yet to receive an answer to my email regarding installation problems with FSX so I'm still using FS9...don't want to fly without one of my favourite programs!Sox.