Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

Bill Lyons' Swift - comments please

Hi Folks,I've downloaded and throughly enjoyed various freeware aircraft by Bill Lyons. Excellant quality. I also purchased his Ryan STA which is incredible. I was wondering what you folks think about his new Swift aircraft package?Any info would be appreciated.Howard

Guest DaveKDEN

One word - NICE!!!!! Love them engine sounds!Dave

I second Dave's comments! I love the swift and highly recommend it. What a fabulous, spunky little plane. It's a real joy to fly.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

It is simply lovely.Can't stop flying it. Will be due for an engine overhaul soon.I am lucky I found time to type this out. That little shiny bird is keeping me busy all the time.But to take a break to say a good word about it, is really worth it and, is no sacrifice at all.Bill's planes are just great. I am really addicted. I call this the "Golden Addiction". No one wants anyone to ever find a cure for it though. And so on and on and on.....Leon Louis Flatspin_Fumble

Guest JonP01

I love it too. It has actually become my default add-on. Bill's models and 3D cockpits really are second to none.

Guest dpc

Awesome. It was my first Lyon's product and is was so good, I bought 2 more within days.

I was totally blown away by the highly reflective texture used on the chrome aircraft, the sounds of the aircraft in flight (engine, air, wings creaking, etc.), the marvelous panel. The glass instruments actually look and reflect like glass. Outstanding model for the money. It is now one of my favorite aircraft to fly. Highly recommend this aircraft in everyone's inventory.Enjoy!Keith

Guest racartron

I have all of Bill's stuff and besides all the great things already said about his packages, the little things keep blowing me away: the customization of the airplane to include your own nameplate and tail numbers, the many unique flights set up to exploit each bird, the generous quanty of liveries and configurations in each product, etc., etc.,etc.BTW, have any of you guys been able to hit one of those deer with the Swift? I've plowed into the trees several times chasing after those darn things. Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

The Swift is cute as a bug but I find it squirrely to fly. You can do things at low speed that no airplane should be able to do. I also can't get the trim to work on some of the models and there is no 3D pilot in mine (external view) so I'm thinking something went wrong with my installation. I definitely look forward to seeing one of these at the next airshow I go to though!David

Guest racartron

According to Bill, the Swift IS squirrley to fly. and I think the "/" key activates the pilot and his charming passenger. May be another key but I don't have FS on at the moment so am not sure.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

Howard,Bill Lyons is one of the really true innovators in our hobby of flight simulation and I have never been disappointed with anything he has ever released, freeware or payware. He and his beautiful wife (Lynn) are partners in their latest designs and the modest fee they ask for their work is merely to assist at supporting the cost of their website. It was Bill that first perfected the dynamic virtual panel (FS98) and his VCs in FS2002 have been truly outstanding. He has also successfully designed an authentic flight model for a hot air balloon (which was released right after all the so called airfile gurus said it couldn't be done in Flight Simulator). Now I must admit that I absolutely love his latest release (the Swift), but it is his Ryan STA that currently has my attention. I'm shortly going to be releasing a review on a couple of Bill's releases and there I will also report on other outstanding downloads available from him. If the joy of flight immersion is your desire, then Bill has captured the real essence of that task through simulation better than any 3rd party developer I can think of.Bear!

Hi Folks,Loads of thanks for your comments about the Lyons' Swift. Based on Bill's previous creations, your comments are just what I expected.ALso, thanks to the BEAR for his comments. It's been a long time since I've had the pleasure of reading his views about planes and scenery.Oopps - gotta run and write a check to the Lyons', I must have the Swift.As they say, the check is in the mail.Howard