Sign in to follow this  
Guest JaimeH

VOX ATC Doubts

Guest JaimeH

Hi Everyone,I am thinking in buying VOX ATC but I have a few doubts before paying that amount of money. I use FS Commander for flight planning. Is there any problem in using this flight planner to create PLN files for later use in VOX ATC??I fly both in Eurpoe and USA so which version should I buy. If I buy the UK version (European JAR) can it also be used in the USA or do I have to buy normal version. Can both versi

Guest Hawk78

*bump*I have pretty much the same questions. Anyone care to answer?Also, does VoxATC mean you can avoid the autotone feature? Please let me set that transponder myself...Aleks

OK... I'll give a stab at each of these...Q: "I use FS Commander for flight planning. Is there any problem in using this flight planner to create PLN files for later use in VOX ATC??"A: I don't use FS Commander but if you download the demo you can try this out for yourself and report back if it works or not. Basically the flightplan has to follow the FS SDK protocols so if your flightplanner utility doesn't do that the flightplan probably won't work.Q: "I fly both in Eurpoe and USA so which version should I buy. If I buy the UK version (European JAR) can it also be used in the USA or do I have to buy normal version. Can both versi

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest sox

Hi:I agree with Zane re: try it out. I've been using VoxATC in FS9 for about a year now and will soon be using it in FSX, as soon as I figure out why it won't load. I can't imagine flying without it...for me it is almost as necessary as the yoke!As far as SIDs and STARs go, that can be a bit irritating. For the past three weeks I've been trying to train VoxATC to follow the proper approach for rwy 35 @ SEQU. What I've found is that I have to wait to contact Quito approach until I'm well into the proceedure, otherwise I'll be vectored into an illegal approach.Thanks for explaining the reason why VoxATC uses the approach it does,Zane. Is there any way I can change the FS SDK protocols?I can say that this is a great program but still needs some work to make it perfect.Sox.