Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainKen

Problems with VoxATC and FSX - HELP!

Guest CaptainKen

I really don't know if anyone else is having these kind of problems or not - I am using the packafge for FSX with Crystal and Mike - I have used the product (with FS 2004) for years and had NO problems. However, now I experience a variety of things going wrong - basically, I'd say that 4 out of 5 flights ends up with me having to shut donw the voxatc. Yesterday, as I was flying from LAX to LAS, as I got about 30 miles out of LAS my vooxatc went into an endless loop of saying the same thing over and over and over. I stopped and restarted voxatc several times but to no avail. My most frequent problem is that the system just crashes to desktop - no reason no warning - I suppose it could be fsx, but I really doubt it.This product cost a substantial amount of money - MORE than fsx itself - Is it too much to ask that it works at least HALF the time? If I sound frustrated, it is because I am - And the whole point of this posting is to see if anyone else has these type of issues, or is it just me and my computer. I have installed uninstalled and reinstalled until I'm blue in the face. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I have found that since the advent of simconnect there are many more issue FSX has using outside programs that cause a conflict with AV software. I personally am using NOD32 and have set up exclude options for TrackIR, VoxATC, ASv6 but there are still times that I get a shutdown of VoxATC with NOD32 being to blame. I would check to see if there are conflicts occuring with your AV software, if there are ways to exclude the folders associated with VoxATC and FSX or if you are flying offline try running with the AV off and see if the problem continues. At least a good way to exclude the AV software from being the root of your frustrations.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Part of this is due to the fact that FSX, and simconnect, use the TCP/IP protocol to talk to each other. Here is something that Microsoft has to say about it..........Many new Flight Simulator add-on products connect to Flight Simulator X (FSX) via the new SimConnect Application Programming Interface (API). When you run FSX with an add-on installed, some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications (such as ZoneAlarm) may detect that FSX is attempting to make a network connection and display a dialog asking you to allow or block this connection.This

What you describe has happened to me a few times - repeated instructions that never stop - but when I disable and then enable, I can pick up where I am in the flight. This is certainly not happening anywhere near 50% of the time.

Guest Nudge

I have also experienced this at times. Usually when I have added aircraft/Scenery/Airport and did not re-index.I've also experienced problems since installing FSCopilot/FSinn(VATSIM) for FSX, i have to repeat myself, never had to in the past, even when FSCopilot/FSinn is turned off.After removing FSCopilot from the dll.xml file and the fsx.cfg, no more repeats (yes same flight plan), so there are conflits with data being sent to FSX through SimConnect.