Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Problems With Arrival Unicom

Hello,My issue is that upon contacting the arrival airport's unicom during a VFR flight (I state location and landing intentions, and ask for field advisories), I always get the response "unable at this time." From that point on, I can get nothing to work. I would like to be able to get the landing runway in use, and then make position calls (downwind, base, final), but I can never get past the "unable at this time" response. Any ideas? I am running FSX under Vista 32bit. Beyond that, I am really enjoying the program!! Combined with my Buttkicker and TrackIR, I am starting to feel "as real as it gets!" Now I just need to talk the wife into a 3 monitor setup with the Triple Head 2 Go. I'm just afraid she'll have me committed!! Thanks for any help you can give!Paul

Guest stpierce

Hello Paul, I have the same thing happening with me during VFR approaches. All goes well until I announce landing intentions and then get the "Unable at this time" response. If you go through the voice training, you can see the rest of the conversation that should take place, so it is in there, it is just not being accessed while in flight. I am using the same operating system, butt kicker, track ir and triplehead2go digital system with 3 19" lcd monitors. Keep talking to your wife about the triplehead2go, it is a big improvement from a single monitor. Steve

Guest stpierce

If you ask for airport information, then at least you can find the active runway, but I still don't understand why I always get the "unable at this time" statement during VFR approaches.

I'm having the same problem as well. I've changed frequency manually with the zero key and let it change itself about 5 miles from the airport, do the position and landing intention and get the unable at this time message.After that, nothing. Doesn't happen with airports without a unicom, the landing options pop up as soon as you contact the airport so something's amiss with the unicom approaches or I'm missing a trigger somewhere.

Having a similar issue here but only after takeoff from a Unicom airport. When I announce I am leaving the vicinity the unicom controller comes back with "Go ahead cessna..." My only option is to say disregard. And then I am prompted to request a flight following wich results in the "Unable at this time" and that's it. No more prompts and no frequencies to change to.