Sign in to follow this  
Guest SimDog

Prompter Screen Issue in FSX

Guest SimDog

I normally fly full screen without any aircraft panel.Every time I call up the prompter screen with the keyboard command or yoke assigned button, FSX displays the full 2d panel.Is this nornal for FSX? Is there a way to prevent the 2d panel from displaying when using the prompter?Regards,SD

Guest Lion

Hi SD,I've tried the same thing in v5.28 and it works fine, I can switch the prompter screen on and off without using a panel, no panel pops up when calling up the prompter screen. What version are you using?Did you try assigning other keys or buttons? Are you not using a key which is already assigned in FSX? Regards,LionVoxATC Beta tester

Guest SimDog

Hi Lion,I have v5.34 installed.I did get a reply from Tegwyn regarding this.He thinks it may be a key mapping issue. Maybe I double assigned the key command to two window function. I'll look at that.I also posted to the FSX forum. Someone there thought it might be that I'm using the "W" key instead of "Shift+1". Apparently when using Shift+1, the full 2d panel does not appear when calling up the prompter screen.I'll check these and report any findings.Regards,SD

Guest SimDog

Problem solved. Using "Shift+1" fixes the issue. I now can remove the 2d aircraft panels and just have the prompter pop-up.Thanks,SD