Sign in to follow this  
steinbach72

CTD with AI traffic

Hi,I use VoxATC UK for FS2004 and I have following problem. When I start AI interaction (via multiplayer), FS2004 crashes after 2-5 minutes. When I run VoxATC without it, all run well. I set everything by help file. AI traffic inside FS set to zero, AI traffic inside VoxATC UK to 80%. I see aircrafts, hear communications, but FS2004 crashes, does not depend on choosen airport. When I connect AI during flight, situation is the same.Can somebody help me, please ?Best RegardsJiri

This AI multiplayer module was buggy at best for FS9. I have the last of the beta's for v4 for FS9 and stopped using the AI multiplayer long ago for this reason. FSX Simconnect openned up so many easier possiblities and with SP2 coming with Accelerate I find I can run FSX quite well on my FS9 computer. If you haven't tried FSX and VoxATC X I recommend you consider it since it works so... SO much better.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>This AI multiplayer module was buggy at best for FS9. I have>the last of the beta's for v4 for FS9 and stopped using the AI>multiplayer long ago for this reason. FSX Simconnect openned>up so many easier possiblities and with SP2 coming with>Accelerate I find I can run FSX quite well on my FS9 computer.> If you haven't tried FSX and VoxATC X I recommend you>consider it since it works so... SO much better.Good question, Steinbach. Thanks for your honest answer, Zfehr. I was getting suspicious there was something wrong in my FS9 setup. I have both FS9/X and VOX/X versions on my PC and I still like to fly FS9, mainly because of the very detailed airport sceneries that I have bought since 2004. Now, removing (not using) the MP traffic, I wonder, what if I add some ingame traffic in FS2004? Did anyone try a reasonable percentage with VOX and AI smooth?

"Did anyone try a reasonable percentage with VOX and AI smooth?"Yes, that actually is the way I fly in FS9 with VoxATC all the time. With my present computer, which is an Athlon FX50, I can set the traffic up in the 75 and higher ranges.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>"Did anyone try a reasonable percentage with VOX and AI>smooth?">>Yes, that actually is the way I fly in FS9 with VoxATC all the>time. With my present computer, which is an Athlon FX50, I>can set the traffic up in the 75 and higher ranges.Zfehr, I made a few hops in Europe today with VOX ATC and MP traffic @75% without a hitch, so go figure. All sliders were right in FS9, clouds, ASv6 real weather on the 2nd pc, FSReal Time, commercial EGKK, EHAM, EDDF sceneries, occasionally connected FSC map on the 2nd monitor, GE, FE, water, ES BJ400 v.2 etc. Sweet.What if to cut back on the VOX-MP traffic? I think it helped me, 75% VOX-MP setting in FS9 gives much more traffic than 75% by SimConnect.Do you get FS9's AI traffic in the way on finals, takeoffs etc., when flying your way? I think the CTDs were due to my setting @ 100%. I really like to hear and see the visual traffic being at least partially under control of VOX. So I don't give up on it yet.Thanks.