Sign in to follow this  
BigH

Questions about VOX ATC X

Guest kanadaken

Thanks so kindly Harald.I found the files, but I'm not quite sure what to do here?I have two folders in there that are named 1) Aircraft Designations and 2) AircraftTypeNames.Number 2 folder has the specific new addon aircraft(s) listed.The number 1 folder does not.I'm not quite sure what or how you edited this Harald?ThanksPS...Yesterday I did however see the VoxATC menu appear but only once in my new DHC-6 Twin Otter add-on. But never again. How strange is that?

Ken,I can put together a Word document with a more detailed explanation and pictures for editing the XML file . It's hard to explain here in the forums. Just a note the menu only appears in 2D cockpit when you open FS. To make it appear in virtual cockpit you need to open it manually. Harald

Guest kanadaken

That would be great Harald! Thanks so much.Last night, VoxATC appeared in my DHC-6 Twin Otter (yes it is only in the 2D, or manual from "Views" menu in 3D, but it's usually not there). BUT...it only appears in the "regular old 300 model" or the "Skis" model, not the "modern 300 version"???Also, in the VoxATC Panel Setup menu, the entire Twin Otter collection and my "Wings of Power" aircraft always appear in this menu. I must check the boxes and click "install". But they ALWAYS appear there over and over, even after I click install??? So I do not think they are installing.I uninstalled those aircraft and reinstalled, but to no avail.Thanks Harald.Ken

If an aircraft continues to appear in the panel setup after running panel setup it is an aliased panel. The VoxATC entry is not recognized in an aliased panel.cfg. Keep a note as to which aircraft this happens so you don't continue to try to install to that type of panel.cfg, I think the default Maule will also show this. The VoxATC will be in the panel the alias assignment refers to so it should work.Since the VoxATC prompter is an individual panel entry you could utilize a key entry to show/hide it. In default aircraft the main 2d window is assigned to shift-1, the radio stack shift-2. This will only work if the VoxATC panel entry is a low enough number on the entries. Shift-9 is the last usable key press for showing/hiding a 2d panel. If the aircraft you are working with has more panel entries you could use a panel editing tool such as FSPanel Studio or open the panel.cfg with notepad and do some editing, even utilizing one of the panel icons in the VC and assigning it to bring up the VoxATC prompter.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest kanadaken

No quite sure what you mean here exactally??? Aliased? (beyond my knowledge base)I get VoxATC in the other models of the same DHC, so why would one model be an "Aliased" panel and the others of that same model addon, not be?"The VoxATC will be in the panel the alias assignment refers to so it should work."............I don't understand this "aliased assignment" and what to do?Also, I have no problem calling up VoxATC from any panel(s) (if it is loaded into that panel to begin with).Thanks so kindly,Ken

An example of an aliased panel would be the default FSX Maule with skis. If you open the panel.cfg file for that aircraft it reads:// Maule M7 260C Skis// Copyright © 1999-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.[fltsim]alias=Maule_M7_260CpanelThus is it aliased to the panel used in the wheeled Maule. If you run the panel setup tool in VoxATC this aircraft will always be listed because there are no panel listings in the cfg file. You will accumulate numbered backups in the panel folder for the Maule with skis since the change is never recorded and the VoxATC panel setup tool never sees the mod. The panel that the alias refers to does have the VoxATC mod and will work when flying this version of the plane.I do see a potential problem for aircraft that do not include any 2d panel and rely solely on a virtual cockpit. Since the VoxATC prompter is itself a gauge which is referred to in a popup 2d panel you need to have your startup situation set to start in 2d panel and not VC. Even switching to the 2d panel after starting in the VC might not always work. You can try going through the key commands for 2d panels by pressing the shift key and one of the upper keyboard numbers 1 through 9 to see if you can find it that way. I wouldn't expect the numbering convention to be the same for all aircraft since it will depend on the number of 2d panel assignments for that particular aircraft and there are many aircraft out there with more than ten 2d panel assignments, making the additional VoxATC prompter assignment a number too high for this method to always work.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest kanadaken

Thanks!I'll play around with this and see if it will work.VoxATC works with the other versions of DHC-6 Twin Otter (just not the "modern" 300), so I will check the panel listings in the config files.Thanks for all the help. Just not the "real-thing" without my VoxATC!Ken

Hi Ken,If you know how to find the panel.cfg file for this specific aircraft attach it to this forum post and I will take a look at it.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest kanadaken

Nothing to really send you.Only one model with VoxATC working. This aircraft has an additional folder in it (all other models only have one folder called "panel")called "panel.org" In this folder is a configuration file for VoxATC. All other models have only one folder called "panel".In this file is only the line..."(fltsim) alis=Aerosoft Twin Otter 300panel.org"Also I see all other aircraft have a configuration for VoxATC in the .config files.Thanks,Ken