Sign in to follow this  
Cedhed

Problems with traffic advisories

I'm having a severe problem with traffic advisories under VFR flight,in the FSX version. Basically I am not getting the traffic warning until the aircraft has just flown by my plane at a distance of 20-30 feet (sometimes right through my plane). I will look over and see a wing and then recieve the advisory. I have not received one for an aircraft more than 1 mile away.. It almost seems like the aircraft are "spawning" right behind my plane with a large speed differential.I have paused the simulation and used the views to look and there were 6 aircraft total listed flying. All were fairly close to mine (one hit mine just after unpausing) but I was not warned until after the collision..Any ideas as to how I can get earlier, useful warnings? And is there any way that I can help AI aircraft avoid me? As of yet I have been unable to finish a flight without a collisionI'm using FSX Acceleration with the latest VOX ATC (puchased yesterday) and MYTRAFFIC X. Traffic is set to 50% in VoxATC and 0% GA and Commercial in FSX.

Guest Lion

Hi,I've been flying and testing VoxATC X with FSX and MYTRAFFIC X for quite some time now but never experianced this collisians before. I do have planes sometimes getting close to me 'at my six' without warning but no collisions (this one should receive a warning for me being at his 12 o'clock position). Most of the time I fly with Vox traffic density set at 70%. I do not have FSX Acceleration and use a new Beta version so I don't know if it has anything to do with this. While flying an IFR flight plan you can optional be issued with instructions to avoid traffic enroute by selecting the 'enroute instructions box' in the VoxATC settings dialog. From time to time the enroute controllers will then issue avoidance instructions. A workaround could be ofcourse decreasing the traffic density to 40 or 30% but that's not the solution you prefer. You could try to do a position report now and then but I don't know if this will solve the problem you have. There's also no way to warn other traffic for your excistance, ATC takes care of this, hope this will help you,LionVoxATC Beta tester

Guest jshyluk

I just flew my maiden flight with VoxATCX, the VFR flight from Kansas. I had 5 aircraft come in behind me under a mile with the traffic advisories. This seems excessive.Fortunately, I leave "Detect Aircraft Collisions" off by default. I'm not going to play demolition derby with the AI aircraft, and if I do hit another plane, I would think that the problem was precipitated by FSX generating an aircraft where no aircraft has a right to be. That happens often enough that I believe it's just asking for trouble to keep aircraft collision detection on. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSeniot Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest jshyluk

Self reply! I contacted the excellent VoxATC Customer support, and they gave me a patch that seems to help.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM