Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Considering purchasing VOX ATC X. Couple Questions!

Hello Gang!I'm getting ready to purchase VOX ATC X. I have a couple of questions I hope you guys can help me with:1. Will it work on FSX SP2 with Acceleration?2. Will it run on Vista Ultimate 64?3. I have all of my world traffic compiled with TTools. I have the trafic files setup by region, so Europe has it's own set for example. Would VOX ATC control all my AI traffic? VOX wouldn't have to be tied to another third party traffic program like My Traffic for example?Thanks for your input!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest jshyluk

I wish I could help. The VoxATC customer assistance is excellent, though, they would have the answers to your questions.A1.) I think it should. I have SP2, but not Acceleration.A2.) No idea. I'd guess it should.A3.) Oh, boy. VoxATC has its own traffic system, but it uses the models you have on hand. Right now, I am struggling with traffic, so I am fooling around with different settings. I wish I could tell you more.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Pretty much the same answers as the post before mine. VoxATC X uses it's own traffic using AI traffic models you have. There is an option in Vox to shut off traffic, but you the instructions say to disable the AI built into FSX before you start Vox. I don't know what will happen if you run Vox with default AI. I do know that you will have traffic conflicts while taxing doing pattern work. The Vox traffic really isn't that bad. Although I understand the work you put into having realistic traffic in your sim. The only real issue I have had with Vox AI traffic is while I'm parked at the airport, running though my checklists before I taxi, sometimes Vox decides that it want to place an AI plane in the same spot that I'm sitting. I crash and have to reset the flight. I've been avoiding it but taxing off to the side of the parking space before I run the checklists.VoxATC X is an awesome program. I can't believe more people don't use it. Completely changed the way I sim. Between the TrackIR, real weather, realistic aircraft and VoxATC, my desktop flying is at a whole new level. I really enjoy it.