Sign in to follow this  
mhlarsen

Military VoxATC

I have some questions concerning Military ATC in general and Vox ATC handling of military flights (US airspace).1. I have read that at an AFB Tower/Ground/Clrnce are called Dispatch. Does this mean that a single military controller handles all situations and no handover takes place?2. If a civil aircraft lands at an AFB, will it be subject to this particular handling? Or will normal procedures apply?3. Can VoxATC simulate Dispatch at an AFB?4. Is it possible to use the word Dispatch (editable)?5. Can you set up Vox ATC for a military flight?6. If so, how will Vox ATC handle military airspace penetration?

VoxATC is not a military ATC simulator, it is programmed to emulate FAA and ICAO type verbage for GA and Commercial type flight simulation. You can fly military aircraft into and out of military bases but you will be handled much like any other towered airport. There is no dispatch simulation that I am aware of nor would this part be editable. I realize you are looking for a particular type of ATC simulation that frankly would be quite time consuming to program in, and would truly be a fringe market of an already fringe market. I know VoxATC has some very exciting plans involving increased realism of ATC airspace handling but they are still in development and focusing on the larger commercial type airports.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I know its a fringe market, heck my country is a fringe market..I do not expect Vox ATC to be a military ATC simulator. I just wondered how Vox ATC would react to certain situations.I would actually be happy if I could call Tower/Ground/Whatever for 'Dispatch' when flying military aircraft :-)