Sign in to follow this  
Guest Allan

Fatal Error - disable VoxATC

Guest Allan

HiJust started using VOX ATC UK on FS 2004 SP2Having problem with the Fatal Error - disable Vox ATC occurring at the same point on every IFR flightAt the hold short awaiting departure, when the prompt shows .......ready for departure and I respond with the verbal request, the Fatal error occurs.If I take off and then switch out Vox, followed by switching back on, the programme catches up with the flight ???Anyone had the same problem and can offer a solution ?Also flight from Newcastle UK (EGNT) to Stockholm Arlanda (ESSA) involved 5 (five) avoidance diversions - completing circles and 'S' shaped diversions - which drove me mad and caused a shortage of fuel!!This surely can't be normal flight management ???Welcome any helpAllan

Turning off the "enroute traffic instructions" will save you from the circling diversions. This will happen when you have short legs in your flight plan and you get a traffic diversion close to a waypoint, VoxATC will try to vector you back into that waypoint, and the problem only gets worse at higher airspeed, not a big factor flying the Cub!I would check into whether you have multiple AFCAD files for the airport you are flying out of, this can cause fatal errors, also did you add any add on scenery and forget to run the indexer? ScanAFD is a great program for checking to see if you have multiple airport files and then allowing you to deactivate (by renaming the .bgl to .bgx) if you have too many.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Allan

Thanks for the comments ZaneI will try turning off the 'enroute traffic instructions' to cure the circling diversions.I haven't installed any addon after running the indexer but will follow up your AFCAD comment - thanks again for your help - happy airmiles.Allan