Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

Stuck on ATIS

I have been using the current version of VOXATC for FSX for quite a while now and suddenly I cannot get past ATIS. When VOXATC enables I switch to the ATIS frequency as prompted. After listening to ATIS the promper displays "tune to XYZ clearance XXX.XX", which I do. The proper frequency is displayed on the aircraft radio display. The ATIS transmission continues and the prompter window doesn't update. I have reindexed several times and deinstalled VOXATC and reinstalled with the same results. I have made no major changes to either FSX or my computer. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Did you try different airports? Also check to see if you have duplicate AFCAD/AFX files for the airport you are trying this at. Does this happen on IFR and VFR flights?.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Zane, thanks for your response. The problem seems to be occuring system wide. I have been flying from KSEA to KPDX, my favorite flight, without any issues until recently. I have checked for duplicate AFCAD's especially in my AI addon program, My TrafficX which has caused issues in the past. I will be emailing a log file to VOXATC support and see if they can figure out what's going on. This program really adds alot to the flight sim experience so hopefully these issues will be resolved.

That's the area I generally fly too and am not seeing this problem... I have MyTraffic X as well. Curious is there are any other programs you installed recently, ie cockpit chatter or something that emulates a copilot or something that involves voice control?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I am having this issue all over not just in the PNW. I haven't installed any other software recently as I try to keep my sim PC as pristine as possible. This issue just seemed to come out of the blue. To be honest I have been neglecting FSX lately as I have been involved with a new mistress, Space Shuttle Mission 2007. Talk about an awesome piece of work. Going EVA is incredible especially if you have the 3H2GO and Track IR. I have also been spending more time with FS9 as I have a large collection of small airports for WA state that won't work in FSX such as Emma Field. Back to the problem at hand, Tegwyn sent me a utility to generate a log file which might shed some light on my issue. I hope to install it and get the log file over to him shortly. Thanks again for your help.

FIXED! The problem was caused by a BGL file in my addon scenery folder. How a scenery bgl file for KSEA could hose all airports is beyond me. Zane,thanks again for your assistance.

Guest Hocking

Could you tell me what you found out about this problem. I have also been away from FSX for quite some time. I recently installed the Super 80 from Coolsky to give it a try, and whenever I take off from an airport the ATIS kicks on even though I do not tune the radios to that station. It just keeps going on and on and on and on...... I also get the green "Text" bar with it as well.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

In my case there appears to be a number of conflicts between VOXATC and a number of files in my scenery library. I deselected all non default scenery entries and reindexed VOXATC which then worked properly. I then started adding back scenery and reindexing until the problem reocurred. I found there were issues with a freeware file, KSEA_asbuilt.bgl, Vancouver Plus_1 scenery and My TrafficX. Earlier in this post, Zane suggested checking for multiple AFCADs which might cause issues with VOXATC. This problem ocurred months after I installed the files and scenery which is perplexing. For now I have decided to do without these scenery files until I can check further and determine the specific files causing my issues. Good luck.

Are you sure MyTraffic X alone will cause the problem? I haven't had problems with it on my installation and running VoxATC X. You can use scanAFD to check for multiple afcad files which I do think is the root problem.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Zane, Since you recommend using scanAFD to check for duplicate AFCADs have you found a way to point it to FSX. When I run a scan it is only checking my FS9 files. I ran a search on this issue but it appears that scanAFD will not work with FSX. Thanks again for your assistance.

Your right Bruce, been looking for a way to find duplicate AFD's in FSX and there's a real can of worms there. Developers haven't used any similarity in naming structures or folder locations and frequently have numerous files comprising one airport. There was a request that AFX program incorporate a similar feature as ScanAFD would do but the developer says it's not that easy of a task. I've only got MyTrafficX, UTX, FEX, GEX and VoxATC X on my installation of FSX so haven't had the problem yet. Wish I could help out more, I thought ScanAFD was not sim version dependent but it is.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

FIXED! VoxATC support comes thru again. If you have MyTrafficX ver 51b installed and start having issues with the prompter hanging up on ATIS and Clearance Delivery email VoxATC and request the MTX fix. Tegwyn and I discussed my issues and he updated to ver 51b and came up with a fix in just a couple days. Thanks again for the responses posted here. Now, back to flying.

First I would like to thank Tegwyn for the VOXATCx fix after installing MYTraffic ver51b. The fix works great, Second I would like to thank Bruce (dbrucem) for Posting what was found to help others like myself.Thank You both very muchBob B