Sign in to follow this  
OldBadger

Problem with request to turn off any intersection then park

Here is the problem I am experiencing.After landing I always get the request to 'turn off at any intersection' before being able to request any taxi instructions.However if I comply with the request to 'turn off at any intersection' the resulting taxi instructions will then request that I go to a parking bay which is located elsewhere and certainly not in the area I have just turned towards.This has happened when landing in Edinburgh (EGPH) and Newcastle (EGNT) and to get to the parking bay suggeseted would involve quite a difficult set of movements.I use FS Commander which shows me where the parking space is and where I am located so this is not a lack of definition of where the parking spot is.There must be a better way because this just does not seem correct.Any thoughts/comments would be welcome?PS VOXATC makes a huge difference - well impressed.OldBadger

Guest ericd19087

i have the same problem no matter what airport i land at they send me to parking and the ai traffic goes to the gates i have sent an email to support the reply was this is a direct quote ...After landing you should receive an instruction to vacate the runway. When you are well clear of the runway, you should be told to contact ground (if there is a separate ground frequency) or you will be prompted to request taxi instructions. I am not sure that they understood my question..please let me know if you ever find a solution to this voxatc is an awesome addon! I guess is a small price to pay if it doesnt workEric

Eric,As you have found out that is exactly the problem.It is not that the process does not work!You do get a prompt to contact ground who then give a valid parking spot it's just that the parking spot is completly in the wrong direction/area from where you have vacated the runway.It's as if the 'turn off at any intersection' request is a generic comment that does not taken any account of the airport layout.Once I have been to an airport once or twice I get 'fly' and know where to turn off but occasionally it then gives a different parking spot elsewhere - and back to sqaure one.Fantastic program but if the devs are viewing this, it is certainly worth a wee look at for a future patch as it does destroy the illusion during the final aspect of the flight.OldBadger

Guest ericd19087

i usually just ignore it and taxi to a gate maybe if you sent support the problem they may look a little harder and the more people that contact them the better.eric

Guest bob_r

Just wanted to add my two cents this thread.I too just discovered this oddity. Prior to installing Vox ATC, I would always be guided to a suitable gate upon vacating the runway. It even seemed as if FSX was aware of what airline I was flying, since many times I'd be directed to a gate at which there were other aircraft from the same airline (I am using MyTraffic X). Impressive.However, Vox ATC has so far always directed me to some obscure corner of the airport, sometimes at a fueling point, well away from the main aircraft passenger gates.It's a shame, since for me personally this really detracts from the authentic feel of finishing a flight. I really enjoy taxiing to the airport passenger gates where the main traffic is.I'll send a note to Vox ATC support as well. If others have complained of the same issue then hopefully they'll release a patch or something later.Thanks.- Bob