Sign in to follow this  
dbrucem

New Version Available!

Just happened to visit the voxatc site and discovered an updated version has been released with the usual lack of fanfare. Version 5.46adds Vista 64 support, Visible taxi routes, Improved AI handling at airports, the MyTrafficX ver 5.1b fix and other features. Glad to find a distraction from the cat fights going on at the FSX forum. My thanks to the developers for their continuing efforts to improve and expand this ATC simulation.

Anybody care to guide me in the install process for this new version.I have the VOXATC X UK DVD version (5.34) and I am not sure how to go about installing this latest patch on top of that. Do I just uninstall, then reinastall from the download file 'VASetup.msi' and then reapply the UK enhancement 'EnhancedUK.msi' from the DVD or will the UK enhancement on the DVD not work with this new updated version.I don't find the instructions too clear.Any help would be appreciated.OldBadger

Guest RichardL

Sorry I can't help OB. I use the US version and not sure how to install the UK version.Couple of questions on 5.46.- Anyone else hearing "King Air" being pronunced as "Kin Gare"?- Which is correct, "Climb and maintain flight level three zero zero" or "Climb and maintain flight level three hundred"? New version is saying "three hundred" but may also be in past versions.- Is it commom, in real flying, to be vectored twenty miles from the airport before being given the heading turns towards the runway?- Is it common, in real flying, to climb to 6,000 feet and stay there for twenty plus miles before allowing you to climb to your planned cruise altitude?

For the record:Based on support response from official VOXATC site (thank you Tegwyn much appreciated) :)I uninstalled the VOXATC module from the 'Add/Remove Programs' in the control panel, leaving the UK enhancement installed. I then installed the new version of VOXATC X with voice recognician.Reset the speech speed, added the panels to the aircraft etc.Had to go through the setup of speech recognician in windows (not sure if it was needed but I did it anyway)All now working with new version.Hope that helps any others with the VOXATC X DVD version and UK enhancements who are as confused as I was.OldBadger

Glad to hear you got the new version installed. As far as "KinGair", If you have installed the AT&T Natural Voice speech engine it includes a dictionary where you can add words and correct improper pronunciation. Locate the AT&T folder which by default will be C:Program FilesATTNaturalVoices. Open TTS1.4DesktopDATA. Dbl click . I also create a desktop shortcut to en_us. Once you have opened en_us click on edit, new word. Type in the new word, for example NATL which is pronounced letter by letter. To correct this type "national" in the box. Click the adjacent lips icon to hear the pronunciation. If you are happy click the button to generate the phoneme for this word. You can modify the phoeneme if desired. Cut and paste the phoeneme into the phoneme box below your new word. Save and exit the dictionary. You should now hear NATL pronounced properly. You can use this same method to correct King Air, US Air,etc. Good luck.