Sign in to follow this  
Vox-tm

Loading a Flight Plan After Starting Free Flight?

I currently have a problem where FSCopilot causes a CTD when loading a flight plan from the FSX Free Flight screen. So, I normally 'Fly Now' and then load my flightplan once the sim is running.VoXATC doesn't seem to support the loading of a flightplan once the sim is running (v5.46) as it tells me that I have no flightplan loaded. Does it not support this? Does the flightplan always have to be run from Free Flight?Thanks,Vox

You can do touch and goes from your departure airport with no flight plan loaded but VoxATC needs to preload information from your flight plan so it knows what to do if you are flying somewhere else. Now if your problem is being caused FSCopilot's interaction with the sim (your description doesn't fully explain), I might suggest from what you have written that you save the flight situation after you have loaded a flight plan, then load that new saved flight situation and see if that is a workable solution.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks for the reply zfehr.Fortunately I have discovered the fix for the CTD problem. FSCopilot is definitely the cause and it will generate the CTD even under the circustances you have suggested (i.e. saving the flight after loading the flight plan).But now that things are back working as they should be, I can happily use VoxATC and FSCopilot in tandem.Vox