Sign in to follow this  
Gilles8688

Problem with VOXATC and FSBUILD

Hi ThereI was wondering if there are other people who are having problems with the combination VOCATC en FSBUILD.When i create a plan with FSBUILD and try to enable voxatc i get a "Fatal error" on voxatc. Wen i create a plan with MSFS flightplanner there is no problem.Strange. I there a solution?ThanxGillesPs: sorry for my poor english

Sorry, FSBuild does not build a flightplan the same way the MSFS flightplanner does so you will need to use only flightplans made with the default flightplanner. You can use FSBuild to design these flightplans but you will have to manually enter them into the default flightplanner so VoxATC will have the language it is looking for.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

May I jump in this thread to ask one related question (I do not have yet Vox ATC): Can one make an FSBuild flight plan, save it in FSNav, and from FSNav re-save it in MSFS? Will it then be in the correct format and thus avoid the trouble to manually enter each waypoint?Thank you for your help.

I believe there were similar problems using flightplans from FSNav since the nomenclature is not exactly like MSFS uses. Not to be rude but I find it interesting that simmers get all hung up on complicated flightplans while real pilots are always after simpler direct flightplans if possible. When it comes to SIDs and STARs you rarely get to pre-choose which one you are going to be assigned and in my case flying GA aircraft even when assigned one you are more frequently diverted and given vectors so you can be spaced in with the faster moving jet traffic.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Good point indeed, after twenty years of RW flying, I can confirm that your statement is correct... I spent a great deal of my time updating my Jeppesen binders twice monthly in the past and certainly don't care for doing the same in FS, no SID and STAR for me thank you! Having said that if both FSNav and FSBuild sold so well, there must a reason, try a transatlantic flight planning with MSFS planner (among other things)...But I now understand that VOX ATC is meant for short-hauls essentially and is limited to work with the MSFS flight-planner which was my original question. Thanks for clariying.

HelloFlightsim Commander works fine with VoxATC for me

Guest Norm

I don't think it is a problem with people getting hung up with specific routes at all. I think it is just a case of trying to use the programs that we already have and are used to.If I invest in buying FSbuild, I kind of expect and hope that newer programs will run with reasonable compatability.I know that this is far from the truth but one can only hope.Here is what I have found: When using XP and fsbuild, if I export a plan to FSX and ,,,,then, load that plan using FSX planner, VoxAtc has no problem seeing it.However, if I do the same on my other pc in Vista, VoxAtc does not see it?If anyone has any constructive ideas on rectifying this, I would appreciate it.Thank youNorm

>Hi There>>I was wondering if there are other people who are having>problems with the combination VOCATC en FSBUILD.>>When i create a plan with FSBUILD and try to enable voxatc i>get a "Fatal error" on voxatc. Wen i create a plan with MSFS>flightplanner there is no problem.>>Strange. I there a solution?>>Thanx>>>Gilles>Ps: sorry for my poor englishHi,I had the same problem. The solution is to create FS Build plan [in XML format], then open FSX, open flight plan in flight planner and save it again {may be with the same name}. Then Vox ATC accept it.Best RegardsJiri

Guest Norm

Yes JiriIn the end, that is what I discovered too.ThanksNorm