Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

ATC responds through headset and FS9 through speakers

I noticed on this forum that with FSX one can have the ATC come through the headphones while the sim sounds come through the speakers by using two sound cards. Is this possible using FS9? If so, how would one set it up? Thanks,Jim D.

Well no one seems to know, but I was able to accomplish it. So sim sound is on the desk top speakers and ATC comes through on the headset.Jim D.

With WindowsXP you need only to open the Sounds and Audio Device applet in the XP control panel. Open the Voice device and select your "headphone device". The Audio device should have your speaker sound card selected. This will work for either version of VoxATC as it is a speech or voice program and is independent of either FS9 or FSX sound configuration settings. In my case I use an USB headset instead of an additional soundcard. If the engine sounds on the speakers is bugging my wife I assign both audio and speech to my headset. Good luck.

Thanks Bruce, but maybe you didn't notice that I was able to get the sounds set up correctly.BTW, just to clarify something in your message, one will need TWO separate sound cards or use the USB headphones. Using one sound card and trying to use the MB's built-in one will not work since installing a sound card will disable the on board sound. Jim D.