Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

Cannot get taxi clearance

After receiving flt pln clearance, I request taxi instructions and VoxATC never responds. The flt. pln. is default KMCI-KMOS IFR. Communication is maintained with AI flights, but I just sit there without taxi instructions.Help appreciated.Jim D.P.S. Worked before on a VFR flight.Jim D.

Guest kanadaken

I have had VoxATC for about a year now (Win XP).I have found all kinds of "quirks". Sometimes it runs perfect (about 75% of the time). Other times for example, it may just keep repeating request for me to contact another comm frequency, and the two controllers just keep handing me back to each other. When I pass my waypoint, I usually disconnect in frustration.I find that I must reboot the game or even the machine, and it will then usually work fine again. It's a "crapshoot" whether it may work through an entire flightplan. I suppose that when running all my dozens of addons and peripherals, some are bound to "hang" from time to time.VoxATC is an addon that I cannot do without. Even with it's problems, most the time it's a wonderful addon that adds a very realistic element of flight, that for me has been an invaluable learning tool."Hang" in there!Kenps...funny we never see any patches, fixes or updates from VoxATC???????

Thanks for your reply. I was able to complete a flight with VoxATC just after posting my message.Just having it for about a week now and using it only a couple of times, there are some things that I would like to see made available:1) Ability to have VoxATC available when flying VFR without having to have a flight plan loaded. For example, doing T&G's or a short flight and returning to your departure airport.2) Have ability to request ATC to repeat message if I didn't understand the first one.3) Not having to repeat EXACTLY the instructions.I may come up with a couple of more as I get used to the program.Jim D.

Based on recent comments made on this forum I get the impression that the FS9 version is a finished product. The FSX version was recently updated and the developer is apparently planning further improvements especially in the control of AI aircraft. I no longer use the FS9 version and have had very good results with the FSX version. One area I would like to see improved is terrain awareness as it is very annoying to get vectored into a mountain.

Bruce,Are you using the FSX version with FS9? You arn't clear in your post. You make it seem that you can use FSX with FS9.Jim D.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I am using VoxATC ver 5.46 which is the newest version which works with FSX only. The point I was making was that based on comments made by ZEFR and other beta testers it appears that the developer is concentrating on the FSX version and it doesn't appear likely there will be updates to the FS9 version. I have used VoxATC since it was first released and even though it doesn't work perfectly I wouldn't fly without it. I currently use FSX primarily so I can use VoxATC-X as I prefer this version for its improved AI traffic and it's expanded voice capability, two controller and two pilot voices. Whichever version you use it is a vast improvement to the simulation environment.