Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

LOWI with VOX ATC possible?

How to set up VOX ATC and/or use VOX ATC to land in Insbruk? Is it possible at all without being directed into mountain walls? I tried to set up a few STARs but always ended up with VOX ATC vectoring me into the mountains around LOWI. I'm sure with some additional coding and a few more fields in the SID & STAR setup it would be possible to play it directly. Is there a way around within VOX ATC boundaries for that now? Anyone tried it?Thanks,Dirk.

For airports in areas with high terrain, you can always ask Approach for a Full ILS procedure by pressing 0 and the corresponding menu item. You will not get vectored, but still have to report your progress in the procedure to Approach.

>For airports in areas with high terrain, you can always ask>Approach for a Full ILS procedure by pressing 0 and the>corresponding menu item. You will not get vectored, but still>have to report your progress in the procedure to Approach.>Thanks Michael, that's what I wanted to hear I think. I'll try that but off the top what if there's no ILS available in the specific airport like LOWI?Dirk.

Well Dirk, you can do what I do in these situations, simply ignore ATC for a period of time until established inbound. ATC will usually pick you up along your procedure. Your priority here should be the hand-off to Tower.Vox ATC has limitations regarding terrain, but as I see it, its the best ATC system available and I would not fly without it. Nothing can replace actually talking to ATC.

>it. Nothing can replace actually talking to ATC.>No doubt about it. But also see what has been done in PFE or RC4 for landing in the high terrains. VOX ATC is almost there, only one little option is seriously missing in the setup - MSA.Dirk.