Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

IFDGv2 blurry textures

Guest RiddlePilot

I've tried the ATA 25th Anniversary and United paint jobs by Ben Hewitt. On the ATA, the tail is blurry and the nose of the United is the same. It is fine when I first load the aircraft, but after 10 minutes or so in the cockpit, I go back outside and its totally messed up. I tried using imagetool to remove the mips, as instructed by someone over in the SS forum, but it was still happening. Can anyone help me. Is it the aircraft textures, or my system? I'm thinking it *might* have something to do with the fact that I don't use reflections.System:Gigabyte GA-7VRXPAthlon XP1800+GF3Ti200 (30.82)

Guest ben_hewitt

Yeah quite a few people are having the same probs!, this did not happen on V1 of the model at all!. I just transfered my paints form V1 to V2 so i don't knoe what the problem is, it does not happen to me. I will try to find out, it may be bacause they are 32bit, i could put them down to 16 bit???

Guest RiddlePilot

Anything you can do to fix these minor issues would be great. The paints are too beautiful to have blurry textures. Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Guest RiddlePilot

Ben, I tried changing the textures on the ATA livery to both 16 bit and DXT3 using imagetool, but the problem still exists. I think its something above my level of (non)expertise.

The reason the textures are blurry is because of the mip-maps.Extract them and "save as" the blah_blah_0_t.bmp to the original file by itself. Close each of the mip-,aps, when asked if you'd like to save the changes on each of the mip-maps click "NO".Ben, to keep from getting the blurry textures don't Create Mip-maps for them.All of your problems will be solved :) :)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest RiddlePilot

Shane, I saw your other post in the SS forum, but like I said in the original post, it didn't work for me. I'll give it one more shot to make sure I didn't do something wrong, but I think I did it right the first time.Thanks anyway,

If you continue to have problems, send the file to me and I'll do it for ya' :)It can get kind of confusing.Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest RiddlePilot

Alright, I give up. I tried it 3 times and it's still not working. It would be easier on both of us if you could just download the file from the library yourself, so we don't have to do things twice as far as send/recieve. Also, if you could obtain permission from Ben to fix the files yourself and upload them, it would be great.

Guest HeavyFan

I too have this Problem with Ben Great repaint's! Especially the ATA 25TH Livery, it so wonderfull looking!! I also took out the MIPS and save MIP_0t and i load up FS and the Nose of the Plane still becomes BLURRY!!!! I zoom in and it becomes normal, but the other Repaint's of BENS Like the UA, NW, and AA all had the same problem, i downloaded one of IADG Release Livery's and they work fine, but are saved in 16BIT, which i think if correcting your planes repaint's to maybe 16BIT would slove all our problems, and let us enjoy your repaint's MORE!-:); Either that, or there is an error in the 757 MDL that is causing all repaint's to have Blurry NOSE textures for some reason?? As usually taking out the MIPS like i did with POSKY's 767's and A-330's fixed it Immediately!?? No more blurryness!? SO let me know if there is a sloution to this?? IADG guy's?? MIKE-:) ALSO great 757 IADG!

Guest RiddlePilot

My problem on the ATA is the vertical stabilizer. On the United though, it is the nose, just as in Mike's case.

Guest HeavyFan

hey Riddle! I had the same problem also with the ATA Tail, I used Image tool, to take out the Mip maps, then I saved the Tail texture as 16BIT, and now it shows up great with no probs in FS now! MIKE-:)

Did you try extracting the mip-maps and formatting with DXT3?Shane

Ark

Guest RiddlePilot

I've tried both 16bit and DXT3, but not the combination of removing the mips along with it. I'll give that a shot though.Thanks

Is it possible for the paints to just be redone without the mip-mapping? It seems like everyone is having this problem. They are great paints but having half the plane blurry kind sucks. Thanks for the effort though, it seems like a great model.

Guest RiddlePilot

Well illbegoshdarn, extracting the mips and saving them as dxt3 works. One more question...should I save them as 16bit or dxt3 for higher quality?On a side note, I think everyone should take note of the civlized order in which this thread unfolded. We see too much criticism these days, and it would have been easy for any one of us to accuse Ben of not testing his textures before uploading. Instead, we all helped each other out to solve the problem.