Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainKen

Anyone have success with 5.55?

Guest CaptainKen

Has anyone been able to install this new version and get it to work? As I type this I am once again going through a complete uninstall and reinstall of FSX. Before I insall 5.55 again, I'd like to know if anyone has had success with it. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am desperate.

Guest Norm

HiI downloaded the demo version last week which I think is 5.5?I wish I could find the "about" screen to verify that but I have searched everywhere and can find no reference to it?Anyway, I think it's 5.5 and I have it working both in Vista and XP.Only problems so far, as you will see in my other post is that I have to say everything twice??Regards Norm

I'm running 5.55 without problems. Make sure you downloaded the correct version, there is one for XP and one for Vista. We don't know which operating system you are using and if it 32 or 64 bit. Have you emailed support at info@voxatc.com ?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Norm

Have you emailed support at info@voxatc.comThanks but, the people at VoxAtc hardly ever reply. Very poor!I am using both versions xp and vista and both of them do the same thing?THanks againNorm

Guest CaptainKen

THANKS for the replies guys. I am running Vista, 32 bit. I'm having NO luck, but I'll keep trying. As I type this, I am once again re-installing FSX. I don' know wha the secret is to success, and I am very frustrated. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear more.Thanks again,Ken

Guest CaptainKen

Thanks Norm for asking! Basically, I am getting the next event without asking for the one before it. For example, I'll ask for clearance to an airport. Instead of getting told that I am cleared, the next thikng that appears in my window is the text for me to ACKNOWLEDGE that I am cleared. I never got a reply that i was cleared.Me: ... request clearance to JFK.NEXT THING I SEE is: JetBlue 232 is cleared to JFK...I DO NOT get them telling me that I am cleared to JFK as filed. That is missing - I get the enxt thing in the series, which is my reply to them telling me that I am cleared - but they never did tell me that. It SHOULD work like this: Me asking for "A". Them telling me I have "A", and me repeating that I have "A". But what I get is: I ask for "A" - Then I reply with I have "A" - They never tell me that I have "A". I hope this si clear to you. And I sure do appreciate you inquiring into this to try and help me, Norm.Ken

Ken,Review your settings for voice in Windows per the VoxATC manual. Set up your voices, there are four places for selections in VoxATC for FSX and you need to have a voice assigned to all four even if it is the same voice. My suspicion is one of the voices is not assigned... therefore you wouldn't hear it, or there is some conflict within Windows that is preventing the text to voice program from working properly.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Norm

KenI'm not sure but I think I saw somewhere that there is an option within the program to bypass a response? If this is the case, is it possible that whatever that trigger is to bypass the next response, is being activated?I'm clutching at straws here but, it's worth a look.Norm

Guest CaptainKen

Thanks to all who attepmted to help me solve my problem. Zfehr, you are a genius! Apparently I only had voices in 3 of the boxes, so whenever it was that fourth reply, I couldn't hear anything. I completely uninstalled FSX, Voxatc, and all of my add ons. Then I re-installed FSX and Voxatc, and my favorite plain the Embreair 190 (the new Wilc EJets package - they are FANTASTIC!). VFaxatc, 5.55 worked like a charm - it is fantastic! Sorry I had to bother all of you, but I do appreciate your time in answering. Sorry also that I took so long to reply to this, but like everyone else, my free tiem for the computer is worked around a schedule. But I'm off now in FSX to fly somewhere - maybe Nashville to Charlotte! I like that run!Ken

Glad to hear we were able to help with your problem. Enjoy flying with voice ATC now. I particularly find flying into Mexico interesting just to hear the text to voice struggle with the programmed Mexican airport names. BTW if you really get stuck with a name that VoxATC just won't recognize you can say "anyplace" and the computer will recognize and move on.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888