Sign in to follow this  
Guest BillTheSlink

Flight Plan Building

Guest BillTheSlink

Hello:I have read through the thread on FSBuild and VoxATC; I normally use FSBuild and want to make sure something will work before I convert from trial to registered because I am disabled and every dime counts.I have to use some type of flight planner, because of the fact I do long haul trans-oceanic flights. For instance, a recent flight from Spain to Havana Cuba looks like it's going to be almost two hours, perhaps more, over the published real world data of the airlines because of the way Microsoft planned the flight and my VA doesn't like that. Anyway, if I understand correctly I can build and save my plan, then open FSX and its flight planner, load the plan, click save, shut the program down and the load the flight plan again from the flight planner and run VoxATC when the flight screen loads. Is this correct? Is there another builder I can use to avoid this extra step? By the way, can I just put my sids and stars in the plan, or should I use the wizard in the VoxATC program??

Hi, BillI have a similar issue. I would like to enter a real world flight route into the FSX flight planner or the Garmin 500 GPS but have not found a way of doing this. :(I guess I will have to try FSBuild and see what it can do for me.

Bill,I use FS Commander for flight plans, but I dont think they are that different in relation to VoxATC.Here are my steps:A. Without SID/STAR. 01. Make flight plan in FSC. 02. Start FSX. 03. Load flight plan into FSX flight planner. 04. Press Fly now. 05. Start VoxATC when flight has loaded.B. With SID/STAR 01. Make flight plan in FSC with SID/STAR. 02. Start FSX. 03. Load flight plan into FSX flight planner. 04. Press Fly now. 05. When flight has loaded save FLIGHT (eg. departure airport SID to destination airport STAR). 06. Exit FSX. 07. Load FLIGHT into VoxATC SID/STAR setup and make adjustments as necessary. 08. Start FSX. 09. Load VoxATC default SID/STAR flight (very important!) 10. When flight has loaded then load your FLIGHT. 11. When FLIGHT has loaded, start VoxATC (you may have to adjust 'Time and Season' as well). 12. When you ask ATC for clearance, ATC will report your designated SID.

05. When flight has loaded save FLIGHT (eg. departure airport SID to destination airport STAR). 06. Exit FSX. 07. Load FLIGHT into VoxATC SID/STAR setup and make adjustments as necessary. 08. Start FSX. 09. Load VoxATC default SID/STAR flight (very important!) 10. When flight has loaded then load your FLIGHT. 11. When FLIGHT has loaded, start VoxATC (you may have to adjust 'Time and Season' as well).
I understood everything until Step 9. What do you mean by loading the VoxATC default SID/STAR flight? Are you referring to the tutorial SID/STAR flight?

I understood everything until Step 9. What do you mean by loading the VoxATC default SID/STAR flight? Are you referring to the tutorial SID/STAR flight?
The post you are referring to is 3 years old and refers to VoxATC version 5.xx.If you are using the current version 6 then those steps don't apply.Chris

I'm using 5.63 for now. Eventually I will upgrade to 6. I'm guessing the steps refer to loading the tutorial Sid/Star and then loading your flight with the Sid/Star. I tried that, and I got clearance to fly my SID. Before, it didn't work.

Ok. With 5.63 you will need to follow that procedure. Strange, but it is the only way to get SID/STARS to work. Do think about V6 ASAP as it eliminates that process, plus it will give you your SID/STAR automatically (with a few considerations in your flight plan). Chris

Ok. With 5.63 you will need to follow that procedure. Strange, but it is the only way to get SID/STARS to work. Do think about V6 ASAP as it eliminates that process, plus it will give you your SID/STAR automatically (with a few considerations in your flight plan). Chris
Oh, I've been thinking about it. I just haven't decided if it's best to upgrade what I have, or take the plunge and get the UK DVD Deluxe set that has the extra AT&T voices and UK Enhancement. It's just expensive at the moment, I'm not flying in Europe yet, and I've already got two AT&T voices with the v5 DVD I have, three other SAPI voices, plus MS Anna (as my co-pilot). Financially, I would be able to upgrade a lot quicker than buying the new DVD version. I'd hate to miss out on what it offers though, unless I can get them separately. I think I'm okay on voices, plus I could buy other SAPI voices in sets later on.

I personally never bother with filling in the SID/STAR in my flight plan, I let the ATC (VoxATC) assign me one (based on the runway in use and my flight plan, it does a pretty good job there to I must say).works great for me.so I use the No SID/Star method and yet I still get assigned with SID/STAR - perfect world :) all that is with v6.05, never tried earlier versions.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg