Sign in to follow this  
Guest stang

pss insert freezing

Guest stang

Hi Willem. You are the second person with this situation. I might have a problem with my program. Did you have version 1.0 installed prior to 1.1? If not could you try an experiment? Uninstall 1.1 and install 1.0. Then reinstall 1.1 and see if it then works. There may have been some support files in 1.0 that did not make it into 1.1. Thanks for your help.RegardsTerry

Guest stang

I found the problem but have yet to figure out how to fix it. Stand by.RegardsTerry

Guest WA

Since you found the problem i guess yor first questions are no longer that important:)Good luck in fixing it.Cheers,Willem

Guest stang

That would be correct Willem. I fixed the problem but have to change a few things because of the fix. Hope to have it ready within a day or two.RegardsTerry

Guest WA

Hi terry,I've tried it out.I'm not sure the fix is completely ok but it of course also could be me doing something wrong.Option 1, insert into original database, works fine now.Option 2, insert into current, seems to show the same behaviour as in version 1.1...it does the SID data file fine but freezes on the STAR dat file.Cheers and thanks,Willem

Guest stang

Hi Willem,>Option 2, insert into current, seems to show the same>behaviour as in version 1.1...it does the SID data file fine>but freezes on the STAR dat file.Now I'm bummed. I tried both options and they worked fine for me. All righty then, what are the files in your Imports folder? If other than the 0504 cycle PSSSid.dat and PSSStar.dat that I provide at PlanePath please send me a copy of them/it. Address in Read This First.txt file. Thanks for your help.RegardsTerry

Guest WA

Hey Terry,They were the 0504 cycle from your site.However, things went wrong when i tried inserting them into the 0504 cycle from navdata.The 0504 cycle from navdata was virgin....so i didn't change anything in it.-install 0504 from navdata including sid/star-copy your 0504 cycle to the imports directory-run pssinsert..insert into current PSS proceduresand it freezes where i mentioned.if instead...-leave your cycle in imports-replace navdata sid and star file with original pss files(with that one airport corrected)-run pssinsert insert into original PSS proceduresworks finecheers,Willem

Guest WA

Hi,Thanks for all the work you put into this.Just dloaded and tried ps insert 1.1Did everything according to "the book" but whatever i try pss insert freezes up when trying to generate the pssstar.dat file.It makes the new psssid.dat without a hitch but with the pssstar.dat file it only gets as far as generating a 0 byte file with the appropiate name.Cheers,Willemhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest stang

Hi Willem,>-install 0504 from navdata including sid/star"including sid/star". I presume this means the AIO file.>and it freezes where i mentioned.After looking more closely at the current AIO file I can see I made a boo boo about it. I presumed that the user uploaded files that are included would be inserted in alpha order. They are not. This makes my program flip out and not know where to go next so it repeats. Also the headers for the user uploaded files are included which is another thing that freaks my program. Lastly, starting on line 145172 of the PSSSid.dat file the AIO has inserted an ASCII code 00 after every letter. This is probably an error in the AIO file though but one I am not correcting for. BTW, at KBAF the repeating SIDs errors have not been corrected. After what I found I am not sure I want to take the time to do a major rewrite of my program to allow for these random insertions and unknown errors. So at least for now I do not recommend using my program with the AIO file. What I recommend is downloading the individual airports as there are only 30 at this time I believe. They do not change every 28 days so a one time download with just followups when they do change in the real world ought to do it. Actually all you need to do is download only the airports you are interested in. This may be a lot less than 30.>-replace navdata sid and star file with original pss>files(with that one airport corrected)This is OK but those corrected original files should always be in the "OrigBackup" folder. That way they are safer, you don't have to copy them to the Navdata folder again and they are always there for the program to use depending on which insert method you choose.I will make PSS Insert available for downloading again once I make the change I stated above about the AIO file.Thanks for your help Willem.RegardsTerry

Guest WA

Bit of a late reply from me.As for not using the IAO file, it's almost impossible. Basically all the airbus flights are for BA virtual. If i use the default data i get missing airways and such.Anyways, Thanks for taking the time to look into all of it...and for your website.Cheers,Willem.

Guest stang

Hi Willem>As for not using the IAO file, it's almost impossible.>Basically all the airbus flights are for BA virtual. If i use>the default data i get missing airways and such.I am not sure I follow you here. I don't see what is impossible. Using the original database and updating with the 30 or so individual airports gets you the same thing as the AIO file. Therefore you don't need the AIO file if you use that method. As for missing airways they are not included in the AIO file, the SIDs or the STARs. Airways are in the AIRAC file you get at navdata.at and since PSS Insert only works with SIDs/STARs there is no conflict. RegardsTerry