Sign in to follow this  
Guest dhumble

PSS Data Format

Guest dhumble

Hi All ,Great work by all those who keep the SIDs and STARs up to date. Is there a definition of the data format of the PSS SID and STAR files so that I can (hopefully) make a start at getting a few of the new Australian procedures into the FMC, and if they work get them outthere for the rest of the world to use.Thsnks in advance David

Guest stang

Hi David. Unfortunately I am not aware of any definitions out there. The best way I think is to look at how the SIDs or STARs are written, compare what you see line by line against some SID/STAR plates and those areas that are not clear you can ask PSS about since they own the format. I think you'll find that the format is mostly understandable just through observation. The final test, of course, is to have your aircraft try to use what you wrote.RegardsTerry