Sign in to follow this  

New FS9.0 Shots From GameSpot

Hi, http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/...2910713,00.htmlFrom whats I have seen, the clouds will finally HIGH CB Altitude and more than 2 layer in 3d clouds above the aircraft, the lighning on the clouds are now realistic, and the sky color is improved.Image removed - please view it at the link aboveThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Come on Chris, how can you make a claim like that just by looking at the screenshot?I posted the same link in another thread and I was more impressed with the variable visibility along the horizon. It looks like precipitation is falling from the clouds reducing visibility, but I can't be sure of that from looking at the screenshot.Let's try to be objective about the new release and not make claims we can't prove. That's how hype gets started.

Guest jason2112

Ouch! Did I say we should not expect major improvements in the graphics section? A M A Z I N G!!! WOW!Just on my way to get some sleep. But just like yesterday, I'll lie awake for some time and think about the new sim. Crazy, isn't it? ;)Bye,VOlker :]

on the wright flyer screen shot from where this was taken it seems very close to the ground but notice no shadow? Just an observation nothing more.Kilstorm

Guest Claviateur

I think the screenshots look so pretty. Very realistic lighting and weather structure at last!Michel

Wow!! This is outstanding!!! I see they finally have added the rain effect falling from the clouds... great job MS :) Shows they must be reading the forums because I know this is something I have posted several times along with others. I would love to see how the lightning looks now :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9thanks for posting this my friend

Chris, the screenshots don't seem to be working at gamespot? I see a link under your text and it has a red X in it. Same thing on gamespot?Any1 else having this problem?

>Image removed - please view it at the link abovehttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Soooooooo i'm not crazy after all :-) I am having the same problem when trying to view the pics at gamespot also. Kinda weird becasue I can view them fine on my other box... I have been sitting here for the past 45 minutes thinking something was wrong with my rig and trying to fix it.. LOLAlso some of the graphics on the actual gamespot website are not displaying correctly and have a red X on them...I'm still trying to fix it! Any other ideas?

Hi Chris,I can see the thumbnails, but they all have a little red 'x' in them, and when I click on them, it just opens a bigger frame with a red 'x' in it.As you can see the pictures, it's probably my security settings, rather than a dead link. Well, the site looks like it's cookie- and pop-up heaven, so I guess I'll just steer clear of it...Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg