Sign in to follow this  

New FS9.0 Shots From GameSpot

Yeah clouds have hell improved, especially when looking from above. No so from below, it looks a bit 'cartoonish', and I think too many & too small clouds which have all the amlost exactly same bottom altitude. But heck, it's great. :-)Etienne :-wave

Might be u guys have to disable ur firewalls. Worked for me (with norton 2003)!BTW, that first shot in especially looks simply amazing. I think they have well improved autogen!Oh, and did I mention I dreamed about getting my hands on this sim tonight? lol I know, we're all a bunch of nerds, heheCYA

Do you guys have Kazaa Lite installed? That could be the reason you can't see pics at GameSpot. Kazaa Lite puts a file named "Hosts" (no extention) in your Windows folder that blocks certain advertising-related URLs. Just open the file and delete the "image.com.com" line and save it. That should clear up the problem. Tell me if it does.

ShoverRobot - You are da man! :-beerchugI just made the changes (as per your instructions) to the "hosts" file, saved it and viola! I clicked the link to Gamespot and everything is showing up fine! KaZaA Lite also seems to be functioning AOK as well. Kinda strange that this file from KaZaA Lite would do that to a big site like Gamespot? I wonder what the "image.com.com" line was supposed to do? Before I fixed the "hosts" file not only were the FS9 screenies not showing up but several of the Gamespot core site nav graphics were also red X'ed. I like alot of others find that KaZaA Lite is the only way to go! The regular KaZaA program is loaded with Spyware and Ads galore. Any1 interested in getting KaZaA Lite go here: http://www.kazaalite.comShover, I really appreciate you taking the time to give this excellant advice.Now I can reach right out :-bluegrab and GRAB those FS9 Screenies! :-rotor

Glad to hear it fixed the problem!The GameSpot staff posted about this issue on their forums. Apparently, GS has most of its images hosted on image.com.com. As to why Kazaa Lite blocks that site, I'm not really sure...I also had this problem for a while and didn't know what was going on, but it's amazing what a forum search can turn up. =)