Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmetzinger

Updated file for KDCA airport and the PMDG

Guest tmetzinger

I've updated the KDCA file to include the new RNAV(RNP) 19 approach, as well as put the shorter runways back in, since they are used for departure and landings by 737s at light weights. I've also renamed a couple of approaches so that they match the chart names a little better (DCA has two different localizers for runway 19, neither aligned with the runway. One has a GS and the other doesn't.)The RNP approach is quite fun to fly in LNAV/VNAV (VNAV PTH, please!) mode, as it takes you down the river and keeps you out of trouble with the P areas to the north. It's by far the easiest way to fly into RWY 19. The trick to flying this approach well is to manage the speed manually using SPD INTV in the PMDG 737s or by manually editing the speeds. Do NOT expect the autopilot to make the final turn for you, you need to take manual control at the decision altitude of 475 feet, and manually align with the runway, or execute a go around (in which case staying in LNAV while climbing will work well).I've included both the approach plate and the new SID/STAR file - be sure to keep a copy of this file so that you can re-apply it with the next update. It will also be available at http://www.metzair.com/download/KDCA.zip in the future, and I'll keep it up to date.I don't know if the file will work "as is" on other aircraft, but it should be easy enough to decode and modify. The LATLON positions for the fixes are straight from Jepp's database, and seem to work well.Best wishes,http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/126535.zip