Sign in to follow this  
CPA156

Question for Mr Yingling anout PMDG prcedures

Hi Terry,I am trying to create the SIDS for Hong Kong for in PMDG format I've done it all except one thing just and example of one is:SID ATTOL2A FIX ATTOL RNW 07R FIX RW07R SPEED 220 FIX OVERFLY PORPA SPEED 220 FIX RAMEN SPEED 220 FIX BREAM FIX ATTOL TRANSITION V9 FIX DOFIN FIX SIKOUMy Question is for waypint RW07R how do you write in the correct format 'at or above 430 feet' but with a max speed of 220 (I think I've done the 220 part)thanks very muchPatrick

Guest stang

Hello PatrickSeveral things to discuss here as I look at your SID.>SID ATTOL2A FIX ATTOL> RNW 07R FIX RW07R SPEED 220 FIX OVERFLY PORPA SPEED 220 FIX>RAMEN SPEED 220 FIX BREAM FIX ATTOL> TRANSITION V9 FIX DOFIN FIX SIKOU1. I do not understand your "RNW 07R FIX RW07R SPEED 220" command. Is the waypoint "FIX RW07R" the threshold of runway 07R? If it is the threshold then it is wrong to include it. The first waypoint of a runway transition section should be a waypoint after becoming airborne, not a position while on the ground.2. You repeated "FIX ATTOL" in the common section and in the runway transition section. This is telling the plane to fly to ATTOL and then after that, fly to ATTOL. I don't have your SID but deleting the "FIX ATTOL" in the runway transition section will take care of the problem.3. You only need one of the 220 kt speed restrictions. The FMC will look at your entire climb profile and use the lowest airspeed restriction it finds.>My Question is for waypint RW07R how do you write in the>correct format 'at or above 430 feet' but with a max speed of>220 (I think I've done the 220 part)Using what probably should be the first waypoint above:FIX OVERFLY PORPA AT OR ABOVE 430 SPEED 220See page 1, Para II, 1 of my tutorial for template. There is no command for a max airspeed though. You either have no airspeed restriction or you have a specific airspeed restriction.Hope this helps.RegardsTerry

Terry,These Dep procedures are the new RNAV ones and on the Jeppesen charts there is a waypoint called RW07R which is not at the threshold, here is an attached JPEG of the chart to maybe help you understand what I mean: ATTOL1A.jpgCheers PatrickEDIT: I see I have screwed up a lot i gave the wrong procedure, it was the ATTOL2C and it was waypoint RW07L that needed to be at or above 430! :-lol o well sorry about this. So the ATTOL2C should look like this(?):SID ATTOL2C RNW 07L FIX RW07L AT OR ABOVE 430 SPEED 220 FIX OVERFLY ROVER SPEED 220 FIX RAMEN SPEED 220 FIX BREAM FIX ATTOL TRANSITION V9 FIX DOFIN FIX SIKOU EDIT (again); I see what you mean by RNW 07L FIX I just want that to be the take off runway! Again thanks and sorry about this my first time doing procedures!