Sign in to follow this  
Guest stang

Announcing a change of location

Guest stang

Hi all. I have just expanded my site. Up until now I have been limited to 5 megs of web space because I have been using the space allotted by my ISP. So, after two years of restrictions, complicated and slow management of my old site I have taken the plunge into paid web space. I now have plenty of storage space and hopefully more than enough bandwidth to cover the 25 - 30 Gigs a month of downloads. The site is not fully usable but will be by this Thursday's 0511 cycle. The site is at http://PlanePath.com but I will announce that again when I announce that the next cycle of terminal procedures are ready for download. So, for those that want to, be ready to change your bookmarks or favorites to my new site. The old site will be phased out quickly.RegardsTerry YinglingPlanePath

Guest SWA2873

Great; I visited the site and attempted to access the javascript link to the terminal procedures and it will not work.The website said that you can be contacted by e-mail (but it does not say how) or in this forum so here I am.I have java enabled in my web browser!Please advise.Sam Kimpton

Guest stang

Hi SamYou did not state what procedures you were after so I can not directly address the specific issue. You also did not state which site you tried. PlanePath.com is the site to use in case you tried the old site I am closing down. Anyway, as far as I know I do not use Java. At least I have not written any Java code. The downloads are done with CGI. I just visited the site and all worked for me. To send an email to me from my site all you have to do is click the right line select button labeled "SEND EMAIL".RegardsTerry

Guest SWA2873

OK I found the download page for the PMDG at http//PlanePath.com//html/pmdg_utilities.htmlThere does not seem to be a link to download any procedures, just a tutorial on how to make them. I was able to download this by accessing it directly at http://planepath.com/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi...cedures_5th.zipAlso the links are non operational on this page in ie but work with netscape. A lot of folks use ie. by making the website more friendly for users witha wider variety of browsers you will make it more accesible as a whole.Do you still publish procedures for the PMDG? If so is there a URL where One can access them directly?Sam

Guest stang

>Here is a screenshotof what your website looks like on my>browser.That is how the initial splash page looks like. You are not missing anything. I use IE, Netscape browser and Firefox to check that the site looks and works as designed.>There is no placarding for an LSK to submit an e-mail in this>image.It does not show up until you go into the site and on a download page.>The only active link on the entire page is found by a change>in intensity of the word "PROCEDURES" on mouse over and this>does nothing.You click on the line select button to the right of the label, just like you do with a plane's FMC. I put a little placard in the lower left of the screen as an instruction of what to do.>It is clear that the WYSIWYG that was used to write the code>used java.I use a WYSIWYG program called NetObjects Fusion 7 so I don't have to write any HTML or Java. >I realize how much work putting together a website can. I have>done several with html code. None-the-less, you need to know>that this website has some problems. Please do not take this>as negative criticism. It is intended to be helpful.Not a problem but I am not convinced the site has a problem. Instead of cut and pasting just click on the line select buttons to the right of the green or orange labels. I designed the site to operate like an FMC. Once you realize that it should become easy to use.>I may even be able to find your e-mail address buried there. Once you get into the site and start using the line select keys to navigate around you will see a line labeled "SEND EMAIL" on all of the download pages. Clicking the little button to the right of that label will open up your email program with my address already in the TO block.The URL for the PMDG procedures is http://planepath.com/html/pmdg.html . Once there just click the line select key to the right of the green label "DOWNLOAD" and the download should start.RegardsTerry

Guest paulj

Hi There Terry,Just to jump in if I may.I have just tried your new website and found no problems.I'm using IE version 6.0.2900.Everything worked as you said.regardsPaul