Sign in to follow this  
Guest stang

Universal Terminal Procedures program on final approach

Guest stang

Hi all. I wish to announce a program that I have developed, a universal terminal procedures editor. It is a fill-in-the-blanks program for the design of SIDs, STARs and IAPs, collectively known as Terminal Procedures. I call it universal because it's output, a file that will be emailed to me, will be in the database format I use to make procedures for the PMDG 747, the PMDG 737, the LDS 767-300, the PSS A320 Pro, the PSS 747, the PSS 777, the PSS Dash 8, the Aviograsf A340, the Flight 1 ATR 72-500, the FeelThere ERJ 145, the Wilco CRJ and the Wilco 767 PIC. So, for example, by making one SID with the program it will be translated into the formats required by the above eleven aircraft. All this without the designer knowing the procedures format of any of the aircraft. The process will be that anyone can design terminal procedures using a fill-in-the-blanks series of screens, email the result to me and I will then include them with my normal run of DAFIF procedures. Hopefully this will flesh out those missing procedures and airports the DAFIF does not have. However, a caveat, up to now I have only provided current up-to-date procedures from an official source. By opening up the source data with this method there may be some problems that come up about the currency or accuracy of the user developed procedures but I guess I will deal with that when it happens.My intent is to provide a few copies of the program to some volunteers this month or next who will then try to confuse and break it. Once this process is completed I will release it to all so we can get more terminal procedures flowing for all to use.Keep tuned for more news.TerryPlanePath

Hi Terry,I certainly wouldnt mind trying out your terminal procedures editor mate. As you may or may not know, I run a small in house project within British Airways Virtual to provide pilots with highly accurate and up to date terminal procedures for the Level-D 767. Therefore, something like this would be right up my street so to speak.Regards,Lee.