Sign in to follow this  
downscc

KDCA RNAV19 RNP Update

DAFIF Cycle 0602 still contains the old RNV19 approach, which was replaced by the FAA 9/1/05 with a new RNP approach (Required Navigational Performance) for Rwy19. The old approach chart is no longer available.I have constructed a PMDG format approach using fix coordinates from the current FAA LID reference (i.e., offical coordinates). Because the language lacks any kind of ARINC RF leg (radius to fix) definition, I built the arcs using your procedures for DME arcs where required.I have flown at least a dozen test flights with the PMDG737-700 on all transitions and have found that although RNP 0.11 (0.11 nm max track error) is not simulated that the flights are reasonably close. This is not the fault of the SIDSTAR language but limitations on the way that the AFDS is implemented (in my opinion).The attached txt file contains the fix definitions and approach procedure only, it is not a replacement for kdca.txt but something that can be cut and pasted into the current SIDSTAR file.

Dan Downs KCRP