Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Help with making SID/STAR for PSS?

Hi.I would like to write some PSS Airbus SID/STAR for my home airport LDDU, but I can't find good tutorial how to write some.If anybody can help me, please.For example, SID for LDDU rwy12 NERRA7C is completelly wrong, if You engage AP, the a/c will turn left instead right acc SID NERRA7C.You can find SID/STAR for LDDU on: http://www.inet.hr/vegabric/Under link manualsThanks in advanceEdin

Guest stang

Hi EdinThanks for finding this problem. The runway 12 SID at LDDU is screwed up. I am somewhat confused as to how you even used the SID though. The runway 12 SID should not have even showed up on the display considering the error it has. Anyway, I will find out why and get it fixed for the next cycle but for now you can fix it yourself with the windows Notepad editor, or other ASCII/text editor, do not use Word unless you save in Text format. Here's what you do.1. Make a backup of the psssid.dat file if you want to. File is in the PSSNavData folder. Then open up the psssid.dat file in your editor.2. Find LDDU by searching for LDDU. The first line will read "[LDDU/RW12 /ALSUS /BEVIS]".3. Find and replace "/ALSUS /" with exactly "/RW12 /". Must be 6 characters including the spaces between the slashes. This replacement is only done for the runway 12 transitions starting with the "[LDDU/RW12". There are 6 of them. I have no idea why my program put ALSUS in there when it should be the runway number.4. Now delete the 1st line under all you have just changed. It will read "6,BEVIS,10,AKR15,34.600972,32.947500,AKR,IF,,0,0,0,,0,0,0,+,500,0,0". Delete the blank line it leaves, if there was one. There are 6 of these also. I have no idea why this extraneous line was put there.5. All done. Save it. The plane will now turn right to get to NERRA.Sorry for the inconvenience but thanks again for finding it.RegardsTerry

Thanks Terry.Do you have somewhere tutorial or document which will describe more in details how to make SID/STAR.It would be great to make pdf with specific SID/STAR with map included. Thanks againEdin

Guest stang

Hi EdinSorry I know of no tutorial about making SIDs/STARs for PSS.RegardsTerry

Ok, Terry, I have only one question.Where are you taking LAT/LONG coordinates used in your NAV Data, for example LDDU NERRA SID?? On Jeppessen I have different coordinates for example GR NDB N42 32.4 E018 19.2 and in your file GR,42.540628,18.320825.What represents this number??Thanks in advanceEdin

Guest stang

Hi Edin.>I have different coordinates for example GR NDB N42 32.4 E018 19.2 >and in your file GR,42.540628,18.320825.What represents this number??They are essentially the same. Yours is in degrees and decimal minutes. Mine is the same coordinate but in decimal degrees.RegardsTerry

Hi TerryI need litle help. I made one SID for my home airport LDZA, but I need some explanation :-)A/C fly acc SID (intercept HDG, course to radial etc), but route is not displayed correctly.Can you mail me and I will send you SID and map for that SID.ThanksEdinehasanov@gmail.com

Thanks Simon.I saw that, but anyhow, I stil don't understand few things.I can't make for some SIDs to control a/c to turn right!!And still I don't understand some SIDs.If you have expiriance with making SIDs I would like to send you one simple SID to explain to me through example.Thanks againEdin Hasanovichttp://www.inet.hr/vegabricemail:ehasanov@gmail.com