Sign in to follow this  
Guest bgahan

Buckeye One Departure SID, Phoenix

Guest bgahan

Hi Terry,It seems as if the Buckeye One Departure SID for Phoenix Sky Harbor(KPHX) is missing for all runways. The most noticeable is 7L and 25R. But this SID is used for all runways though.Am I missing something, or can you update for the next release?Thanks,Brian

Many airports that I've looked at are missing a "vectors" departure, which is generally a short runway-dependant instruction followed by vectors to any one of many routes or fixes. I have addeed BXK2 to my update and is included below. You can just paste it in your kphx.txt file in the sids section, or download it and others from NAVData (http://www.navdata.at)://BUCKEYE TWO Rev 05188 SID BXK2 FIX BXK RNW 07L TRK 77.7 UNTIL 1550 HDG 075 UNTIL 4 FROM NAVAID PXR HDG 100 VECTORS RNW 07R TRK 77.7 UNTIL 1550 HDG 070 UNTIL 4 FROM NAVAID PXR HDG 100 VECTORS RNW 08 TRK 77.7 UNTIL 1550 HDG 080 UNTIL 4 FROM NAVAID PXR HDG 100 VECTORS RNW 25L RNW 25R RNW 26 TRK 257.7 UNTIL 1550 HDG 240 UNTIL 13 FROM NAVAID PXR HDG 280 INTERCEPT RADIAL 077 FROM NAVAID BXK TRANSITION BLH FIX BLH TRANSITION PKE FIX PKE TRANSITION PMD FIX CURIV FIX DECAS FIX PMD TRANSITION PSP FIX CURIV FIX DECAS FIX PSP

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest stang

Howdy BrianI just checked and BUCKEYE TWO (BXK2) is available. I could not find a BUCKEYE ONE. My guess is that BXK2 superseded BXK1.RegardsTerry

Guest bgahan

Hi Terry and Dan,Thank you very much for your replies and helping out. I appreciate it.Thanks,Brian

Guest bgahan

Terry,I noticed that the PSS BXK 2 SID is still missing for runways 25L, 25R and 26. Brian

Guest stang

Hi BrianBXK2 lists runways 07L, 07R, 08, 25L, 25R and 26 in the SID. What makes you think they are missing? We'll see if we can figure this one out...RegardsTerry

Guest bgahan

Hi Terry,In PSS, when I select departure runway 25R (which is the most common in the afternoon here in Phoenix), it does not give me an option for the BXK2 SID.Brian

Guest stang

Hi BrianWhen using the 777 in FS04 I had no problem selecting BXK2, including a transition, with 25R. I am thinking you have something else going wrong, perhaps a corrupt database or PSS files.Also, when checking I saw the BXK1 SID. That reminded me that if one also uses the old Stefan database then you can get the BXK1 SID. That must be why you see the old SID. It worked with 25R also I might add.RegardsTerry

Guest bgahan

Hi Terry,Thanks for your reply. This is odd becasue in PSS I can see the BXK SID for the east runways (7L,7R and 8), but none for the west runways (26, 25R, 25L) in the files. So my file doesn't even have them there. Could something be causing this?The same thing applies for the Level D BXK SID as well. Instead, this time, I see the BXK for ALL runways, but I can't get them to display at all. Any ideas on this one?Thanks again,Brian

Guest stang

Howdy Brian>Thanks for your reply. This is odd becasue in PSS I can see>the BXK SID for the east runways (7L,7R and 8), but none for>the west runways (26, 25R, 25L) in the files. So my file>doesn't even have them there. Could something be causing>this?It gets a little confusing. I can't explain why you are seeing what you see. Due to the fact that there are multiple sources out there for SIDs it sort of depends on what you have installed and how you installed it. The old Stefan database had BXK1 listing 07L/R, 25L/R, 08 and 26. My current database shows BXK2 with 07L. The DAFIF has BXK2 but is not runway specific. I need to work on my program because KBX2 should work for all those runways, not just 07. I think you found a bug for me. I'll try to get it fixed in cycle 0605. If you want you can change the procedures yourself. Just replace the runway number with the word "ALL" and 3 spaces, IE "[KPHX/BXK2 /RW07L /PKE]" becomes "[KPHX/BXK2 /ALL /PKE]" .>The same thing applies for the Level D BXK SID as well. >Instead, this time, I see the BXK for ALL runways, but I can't>get them to display at all. Any ideas on this one?The Level-D plane has a bug that they say they will fix. When a SID is not runway specific the keyword "ALL" is used meaning the SID is for all runways and all runways should be listed. They aren't. I have been told that using the keyword "All" instead will make it work. I have not been able to confirm this "fix" with Level-D but I am going to try it for cycle 0605. We will see if it fixes the problem for all instances.RegardsTerry

Guest bgahan

Hi Terry,Thanks. How do you changed the Level D files? When I try to change to "All" it won't allow me to do so.Thanks again,Brian

Guest stang

Howdy BrianJust find the xml file of the airport you want to change and use something like the windows notepad to change the word.RegardsTerry