Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

to Terry: concerning Brazilian procedures in newest cycles.

Hi there Terry,First off let me express my gratitude towards your iniciative. I have written a few procedure files myself thanks to your wonderful tutorial and I know how challenging they can be sometimesAnd now to my quesiton wchich concerns specifically these procedure files I've created.Ok, about a year ago I sat down and started writing up-to-date PMDG procedure files for Brazil's biggest airports and uploaded these to the AIRAC website (navdata.at) Since then I have never more updated my PMDG procedures database, just the AIRACs. (I guess I kept forgetting)Anyway, today I decided to download the newest cycle from your planepath.com and went ahead and installed it.I then went to the PMDG SIDSTARS folder and noticed that many of the Brazilian airport files were the ones that I had created. My question is the following: how do I tell if they have been updated by someone else or yourself? Will it say so in the header? And in the future, if they are modified in the real world and I choose to modify them myself for our simulation use, to where should I upload them so that you will include them in you "universal" procedures file? Will uploading them to navdata.at as I have done in the past suffice or should I email them to you? Lastly, do you check them for eventual mistakes or to see if they are still being used in real world AIRAC cycles before adding them to you universal database file?Thank you in advance for your help!Best Regards,Victor Limahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi There Victor>>how do I tell if they have been updated by someone else or yourself?The procedures I create for PMDG state the cycle number and have my name in the header. Anyone that modifies my files is suppose to add to the header their name and what sections they modified.>>where should I upload themThe best place so far is at navdata.at. I don't have the capability to receive files for redistribution.>>Lastly, do you check them for eventual mistakes or to see if they are still being used in real world AIRAC cycles before adding them to you universal database file?All of the procedure I produce are from the real world DAFIF so there is no need for me to check them to see if they are current. The procedures I produce for PMDG are checked 100% for errors by using a separate program that uses the same parser as the FMC. At this point I don't add any procedures made by someone else. This may change in the future if I can get my universal procedures designing program to work.RegardsTerry