Sign in to follow this  
juandsg

LEMD problem with cycle 608

I have downloaded cycle 608 for the level-d and I think there is a problema with the terminal procedures for LEMD. There is no ILS for runway 33L and I can only select ILS for runway 33R. But this last one also seems to be wrong because when I review the approach in the plan mode the waypoints are for the 33L but the ILS frequency is for the 33R. Because of that problem I downloaded the SID/STAR All-in-one file from navdata and after installing it all seems to be OK.I'm not really and expert so I might be wrong, but that's what happened to me.

Guest stang

Hello Juan>>There is no ILS for runway 33L and I can only select ILS for runway 33R. But this last one also seems to be wrong because when I review the approach in the plan mode the waypoints are for the 33L but the ILS frequency is for the 33R.The runway part is simple to explain. I derive my procedures from the DAFIF. It is produced for the U.S. military so it only contains procedures that are of use to or can be used by the U.S. military. In addition, the DAFIF database relies on those countries other than the U.S., to provide their airports and procedures they want included in the DAFIF. Unfortunately this leaves some airports and procedures incomplete even though the procedures are up-to-date. In the case of LEMD runway 33L is not included so I am unable to have my programs produce an IAP for 33L.As for the ILS frequency being wrong I tend to think that is not a procedures problem in itself because the procedures themselves do not contain frequency information.The All-in-one file from navdata.at is composed of procedures that other authors have uploaded to navdata.at. They tend to be airports and procedures that are not included in the DAFIF. In the case of LEMD it would seem that someone has hand written the 33L procedure for you to use. It takes a combination of my procedures and those at navdata.at (and probably some other site somewhere) to get the most available airports and procedures. Just keep in mind that some of the All-in-one procedures may not be up-to-date as it requires the original author to update their file.RegardsTerry

First of all thanks for your help. So what do you think is the best way to update the database? Install your's first and then the all-in-one? Or is just I thing that I have to try and test to see whitch one is up-to-date? About the ILS frequency, may be I said it wrong. What I wanted to say is that the ILS frequency was wright for the 33R but not the waypoints for the approach.Thanks again.

Guest stang

>>So what do you think is the best way to update the database? There are two viewpoints as I see them.1. The objective is to get the most current procedures for the airports you want to fly to/from. I think this is the best way to go as it limits the files you need to verify.2. The objective is to get the maximum amount of procedures.For 1 above I'd recommend you get my procedures and then supplement them with all the individual airports you need from navdata.at, Level-D site or any other site you find.For 2 above you grab mine and all the others you can find.General concerns:The all-in-one file, or any collection for that matter, is just a compilation of all the procedures that have been uploaded to navdata.at. However, they all may not be accurate or up-to-date as their creation dates are all over the place. You will probably just have to load them into the FMC at flight time to verify they are accurate unless you can read xml.Remember that during installation you could be overwriting some files that are already on your drive. Just make sure the best set of procedures for an airport are loaded last. For example you might want to load the all-in-one file first and then load mine. This would overwrite any all-in-one airport with a current airport from mine. One kicker to be mindful of is that some authors simply add more procedures at an airport. Some just use mine as a starting point. Obviously overwriting that file with mine or someone elses will delete those extra procedures. No way around this, you just have to examine the airport files if that concerns you. Personally I would not worry much about this though. If you fly to/from an airport and find that it has a missing procedure you can back track and possibly correct the situation.Hope this helps.RegardsTerry

Well I think I'm more with the option 1, because I just fly in a few airports (LEMD is were I live and that's the airport I use more often)Thank you very much for your helpRegards