Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Terminal Procedure glitch for iFly 747-400?

I get the following results when executing the iFly_Beta_Procedures_0609.exe for the iFly 747-400 from planepath.com as recommended in the iFly Service Package 2 download.1. First I shut down all other programs that are running2. Double click the iFly_Beta_Procedures_0609.exe execution file.3. Click run.4. Click next.5. Check I agree with the above terms and conditions.6. Click next.7. Click next.8. Click start. At this point, Sid and Star files are installed in my Flight Simulator 9iFly747-400navdataSTARS and SIDS folders.9. If I click "exit" my response is "install has not completed. Are you sure you want to exit." If I continue to exit she then tells me: "The install wizard did not complete the installation successfully." If I click "start" again rather than exit nothing happens. If I click start a third time, I get: "END installation complete". However, under this is: "iFly 747 terminal procedures has not been totally installed because of the following reason: iFly 747-400navdataRead this first text: This file contains invalid data. You will have to run this utility again to completely install iFly 747-400 Terminal procedures."If I run the utility installation again and again, I get the same results plus my read this first file in Flight Simulator 9iFly747-400navdata folder becomes corrupt and unreadable and is edited to: "Read this first.$$A", "Read this first.$$B" etc.I have not tried the STARS and SIDS yet that are installed. The application may function. If all that is in error is the text in the "Read this first" file (which is ok if I exit in spite of the incomplete installation windows) all of this is academic IMHO.Can anyone shed some light on this issue?Thanks:RTH1585368CFIRunning the utility installation a third time gives the same results

Results: (So far)It appears that the confusion concerning installation only applies to the "Read me first" text file.So far at least, flights implementing the SIDS and STARS does seem to work. I would suggest opening your navdataSTARS and/or SIDS folder to be sure that the new files are in fact installed, and then exiting the installation program after doeing this and just ignore the error messages.Coordinates for some waypoints do not quite agree with fsnav and/or the GPS locations by a short distance, but I really don't know whether iFly or fsnav is off a little bit. Being that the GPS and fsnav pretty well agree my assumption would be that it is iFly but it is possible they are more accurate than the other two..The setup is still just the opposite of all my payware birds, but seems to be workable and simply takes a little getting used to. One selects the SID or STAR first, and then the runway which is backwards from all other FMC's I have tried.One other item is for the first flights I have tried: I am not sure that all of the waypoints exactly agree with the charts. I tried KMIA-KJFK and KATL-KJFK. The SIDS seem to go directly to the transition point from the airports with no other points that are listed on the charts, but this needs a tad more research. STARS implement the multiple waypoints, but as I said, I am not sure they totally agree with the charts and fsnav. In all honesty, the latest fsnav download does not always have the latest revision but revisions are usually pretty minor so I doubt that this is the difference. I intend to go over a few charts and find a complex SID and see what iFly offers.Obviously a big improvement but I am afraid school is still out concerning how complete they are. May be just me and a little ignorance realtive to a new tool.Don't really notice anything different relative to the new patch except the STARS and SIDS but I don't remember having trouble with anything anyway.Happy Flying:RTH

Guest stang

Hello RTHThis is really odd. If I download the procedure file with Opera or an FTP program the installer works fine. If I download with Firefox then I get the results you got. I had a look at the readme file but it looks fine. I don't know how to fix the installer at this point so I've switched the download file to a Zip format. If you want to download it then just extract the file into your main flight sim folder. Your unzip program will then put the files into the appropriate iFly sub-folders.Sorry for the inconvenience.RegardsTerry