Sign in to follow this  
Guest staang

Cycle 0610 is the last

Guest staang

Hi all,I wanted to take the time to thank all of you who have been using my terminal procedures and to let you know I am done as of cycle 0610. As of 1 Oct the DAFIF, which is my source of data, will no longer be available for download so I will no longer be able to supply new, current procedures from my site at PlanePath.com. I intend to leave cycle 0610 there for all to continue to download though. Since procedures change slowly they should remain good for some time in the future. If people find errors I will attempt to correct them.I have given some thought of completing my universal terminal procedures creation program but I do not know how it would be received. Questions about keeping the procedures as current as possible, who's procedures get published when there are duplicates and how and when to update bother me. And it would be a large increase of administrative workload for me. It would essentially provide a similar service to that of navdata.at with it's procedures section. However, it would provide the opportunity for someone to write one procedure and have it converted into the formats for over a dozen planes is tempting. O Well, we will see.So thanks again. As I've said before, if anyone can let me know of a good free, digital database I will continue on.RegardsTerryPlanePath.com

Guest Jeff Berman

Thank you Terry for your support to the community :-beerchug

Guest Maximus-Sniper

Hi Terry :)Thanks for all your work for Terminal Procedures.But i have one problem.. i'm still loojing for XXX_Procedures_0608 for all your work :) Since it still lot of problems with the new AIRAC_0610 and lot of SID/STAR.Thanks.

I too would like to be able to get the 608 procedures. I got it for the PMDG, but forgot the LDS before the 609s were up. I would like to keep my SID/STARS and AIRACs synced up. Now I have a mixture of 608s and 609s, and do not plan on purchasing Navigraphs until all bugs are worked out and SID/STARs are available. Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

>>As I've said before, if anyone can let me>know of a good free, digital database I will continue on.>>Regards>Terry>PlanePath.comWould this work?http://164.214.2.62/products/usfif/edition...cycle=0001&ed=8Not sure if that link will work, so try this one if it doesn't, and then scroll down to the USFIF link.http://164.214.2.62/products/usfif/index.cfmUS only, but it is FREE! Kinda. After paying thousands of dollars in taxes every year, hopefully Uncle Sam will save me $2/mo on FMC data downloads.Steve Perry

Guest staang

Hello What's your Name?If needed I will put them up on my site and provide links here but first I would like to know what specific problems are you having? No one has written to me about any problem with 0610 and I would like to see if I can fix them if they are incorrect. Is AIRAC 0610 different than previous cycles? Are the problems with just one type plane or all of them? Problems with just one airport or all of them?RegardsTerry

Guest staang

Hi SteveI am looking at that data now. So far it appears to have all I need to do the procedures. So, for now I'm thinking I might continue on with U.S. procedures. Hopefully it's not just an experiment with the NGA. The first cycle would be 0611 since 0610 is still current.RegardsTerry

Guest WEA-BAB

Hi TerrySo far as i know, the new AIRAC_0610 from NavData/NaviGraph are using the new source. Not sure if u are using that one in your Cycle 0610?If u do so, than there is not a problem. But i know it's lot of problems with the SID/STAR files from NavData. As i see lot of people are now updating the SID/SATR based on AIRAC_0610. but there is still lot of SID/STAR files.So if your Cycle 0610 are based on AIRAC_0610 from Navigraph, than i can't see any problems with your Cycle 0610 :) But if u not are using the new AIRAC_0610, than i hope i can download all your Cycle_0608 that one work well with AIRAC_0608 from NavData :)Thanks!

Guest staang

Howdy Bearny,With few exceptions I do not base my procedures on the AIRAC data from navdata.at because each waypoint in a procedures file includes it's own lat/long. The only planes that require me to use an AIRAC file are the planes done by FeelThere and Wilco (ERJ, 777, 737). This is because they use only one big file for all the nav data and procedures data. With FeelThere I just get that file and import my procedure into it. The rest of the planes I provide for use the DAFIF waypoint name and lat/long data. One other exception is the MdMax80 plane. It just uses waypoint names. In this case if my procedures used a different name than the one used by Navigraph then it could cause an error. Just renaming that error waypoint would probably fix it.I am somewhat stumped why the Navigraph 0610 data would cause problems with my procedures. Since they are supposed to be more comprehensive I would guess there may be more intersections/waypoints and maybe more radio navaids but they should agree with the equivalent DAFIF waypoints/navaids. Now, runway renumbering and new runways can cause problems but that would be the same regardless of data source. But in any case unless I get told about specific examples that I can reproduce I can not work on anything.A last word. Keep in mind that the DAFIF is no longer. However, it appears that the USFIF is taking it's place. That data will provide U.S. only procedures so I will not, probably, be able to correct any other country's procedures after the 0610 cycle.RegardsTerry

Guest WEA-BAB

Hei TerryThanks for your answare. So you mean i can use your Cycle 0610 on AIRAC_0608 from NavData? I will not use AIRAC_0610 since it's lot of error with the SID/STAR from NavData. But i have't teste your Cycle:_0610 on AIRAC_0608, since i went back to AIRAC_0608. So i realy like to get your old Cycle_0608 until all SID/STAR from navdata are based on AIRAC_0610. I don't have any error now, but i use your cycle_0610 on the old AIRAC_0610. :)So i realy like to have your old cycle_0608 to make sure i don't get any error :)I will install AIRAC_0610 but only when i know all SID/STAR from navadata are up to date with the new AIRAC_0610 from Navigraph and yours new cycle_0611 :)Soo pleeeese, i realy need your old cycle_0608 for all addons :)Thanks

Guest staang

OK Bearny,This link, http://planepath.com/Cycle_0608.zip should do it. I just combined all the installers into one file. Just unzip and you will have all them as if you D/Led them individually. File is a little over 21 megs.RegardsTerry

Guest WEA-BAB

Hei TerryThank you so much for this file. :) and thanks for all help.And thanks again for all your work with Terminal Procedures :)Hope some day i see Cycle_0611 :)Thanks!

Terry,Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the hobby. I might be the minority but I would be willing to donate a few dollars if it meant keeping you in business!Mike

Michael Hutton

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB | MSI Suprim Liquid GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | WD Blue SN580 M.2 2TB | Samsung SSD 990 Pro 2TB x 2 | Samsung Portable SSD T5 2TB | NZXT C1200 1200W PSU | NZXT H9 Elite Mid-Tower | Windows 11 Pro 64-bit | Allegiant Virtual Airlines

I also would like to thank you Terry,I guess the US only data probably doesn't change all that much, but even if you could continue with US updates, that would be a benefit to the hobby.scott s..

thanks Terry for all of your hard work and contribution to the flight sim communityyou are the bestBo

Bo Klop