Sign in to follow this  
EasyPC

Nav 3.1 alternative

Hi, I've recently read Terry's excellent tutorial on creating procedures for the PMDG 737NG and am now raring to have a go at some of my own. Does anyone know of a freeware alternative to Ted Wright's flight planner Nav 3.1 which will work with FS2004.Thanks,Pete.

Hello Terry,I just downloaded your tutorial and am working on the STARS for RKSI or Incheon.This is a lot of work and no joke. Very time consuming to say the least. But it's worth it in the end to see all those STARS now for RKSI.Thanks for all the work you've put into this project.Ed

Hello Terry,I am still working on those RKSI STARS and the problem I am having is that I can get the altitude restrictions onto the STAR but not the SPEED restrictions to show up.I read your tutorial, but still can't get them to show up.STARSSTAR ANYANG1B FIX SEL SPEED 250 FIX YONSU AT OR ABOVE 13000 FIX SILMI AT OR ABOVE 11000 SPEED 230 FIX SEREE AT OR ABOVE 9000 FIX YEWON AT OR ABOVE 7000 SPEED 210 FIX YUJIN AT OR ABOVE 5000 FIX MICHU AT OR ABOVE 4000 SPEED 200 FIX YJU 2600 SPEED 200STAR BULLS1A FIX BULLS FIX KAKSO AT OR ABOVE 19000 FIX KALMA FIX SEL AT OR ABOVE 15000 FIX WINDY AT OR ABOVE 10000 FIX COPUS AT OR ABOVE 6000 STAR BULLS1S FIX BULLS FIX OSN11 AT OR ABOVE 17000 FIX OSN AT OR ABOVE 13000 FIX KELLY AT OR ABOVE 7000 STAR BULLS1T FIX BULLS FIX KAKSO AT OR ABOVE 17000 FIX KALMA AT OR ABOVE 13000 FIX SEL09 AT OR ABOVE 9000 FIX KELLY AT OR ABOVE 7000STAR KARBU1A FIX KARBU FIX ENKAS AT OR ABOVE 17000 FIX SEL AT OR ABOVE 15000 FIX WINDY AT OR ABOVE 10000 FIX COPUS AT OR ABOVE 6000 STAR KARBU1S FIX KARBU FIX ENKAS AT OR ABOVE 16000 FIX KALMA AT OR ABOVE 13000 FIX SEL09 AT OR ABOVE 9000 FIX KELLY AT OR ABOVE 7000STAR MALPA1A FIX MALPA FIX DONBY AT OR ABOVE 16000 FIX HANKY AT OR ABOVE 13000 FIX WINDY AT OR ABOVE 10000 FIX COPUS AT OR ABOVE 6000 STAR NUMDA1S FIX NUMDA FIX SWING AT OR ABOVE 15000 FIX OSN AT OR ABOVE 13000 FIX KELLY AT OR ABOVE 7000STAR NUMDA1T FIX NUMDA FIX KAKSO AT OR ABOVE 16000 FIX KALMA AT OR ABOVE 13000 FIX SEL09 AT OR ABOVE 9000 FIX KELLY AT OR ABOVE 7000STAR POPPY1A FIX GAYON FIX BORAM AT OR BELOW 16000 AT OR ABOVE 15000 SPEED 250 FIX POPPY AT OR BELOW 15000 AT OR ABOVE 8000 FIX GILJU SPEED 230 FIX YEWON AT OR ABOVE 7000 SPEED 210 FIX COPUS AT OR ABOVE 6000STAR SANHO1S FIX GAYON FIX ARIVA SPEED 250 FIX SANHO SPEED 230 FIX DANIL AT OR BELOW 9000 AT OR ABOVE 7000 SPEED 210 FIX WOLMI FIX MIROUENDSTARSMaybe you could take a look at the above and shine some light to my problem?The other question I have is how do I get a STAR to show up for a runway. Like say selecting a STAR and having the runways that are not for that direction or STAR not show up?I tried putting RNW and the runway number at the end of the STAR but it didn't seem to work.Thank for any help and I am enjoying build these STARS.Ed

Guest staang

Hi there Ed,Here is an excerpt about altitude and speed restrictions that will be included in an update to my procedures tutorial. I think it covers what you need to know.SPEED AND ALTITUDE RESTRICTION NOTESThe use of these restrictions may be confusing as they do not work as you might expect them to. Some behave differently depending whether you are climbing or descending.Note: In the 747 you can not have a speed restriction without an altitude restriction. If a speed restriction is entered without an altitude restriction the speed restriction will be ignored.SPEED RestrictionsClimbing. The FMC will look ahead at the climb profile and find the next speed restriction. It will use that speed until that waypoint is reached. It will then look ahead for the next speed restriction and so on until the TOC is reached.Examples:If waypoint 1 has no restriction, waypoint 3 is 230 kts, waypoint 4 is 250 kts and waypoint 5 has no restriction then the current speed restriction will be 230 kts until waypoint 4 is reached. The restriction will then become 250 kts. At and after waypoint 5 there will be no restriction.Descending. The FMC does not look ahead and will use the current restriction until a more restrictive one is sequenced.Example:If waypoint 10 is 250 kts, waypoint 12 is 270 kts and waypoint 15 is 220 kts then 250 kts will be used until the plane sequences to waypoint 5 at which point it will change to 220 kts. The 270 kts restriction is ignored because it is not more restrictive than the 250 kts. CLIMB RestrictionsThe FMC will look ahead and find the next restriction regardless of it

Hello Terry,First, thanks for taking the time to write your last post in such detail.I didn't know the B747 would ignore a SPEED without an ALTITUDE associated with it. No wonder it wouldn't show up. Here is my STAR for the DOMTI AND ELATOSTARSSTAR DOTM1A FIX MAGOG FIX ASTRA FIX MELON FIX TD FIX GUAVA TRANSITION DOTMI FIX DOTMI RNW 07L RNW 07RSTAR DOTMI1B FIX MAGOG FIX ASTRA FIX MELON FIX TD TRANSITION DOTMI FIX DOTMI RNW 25L RNW 25RSTAR ELAT1A FIX MAGOG FIX ASTRA FIX MELON FIX TD FIX GUAVA TRANSITION ELATO FIX ELATO RNW 07L RNW 07RSTAR ELAT1B FIX MAGOG FIX ASTRA FIX MELON FIX TD TRANSITION ELATO FIX ELATO RNW 25L RNW 25RENDSTARSWhen I select the STAR ELAT1A, which is the ELATO 1A, shouldn't just the runways 07R and 07L appear on the right side of the FMS? I have runways 25L and 25R showing up too.Since the ELATO 1A is for only 07L and 07R I don't want the 25's to show up.I read your tutorial and it seems to me that they shouldn't with the way I have them listed.Thanks again for your time answering these questions. I going to be working on my SIDS and STAR with a better understanding of what I'm doing.Ed

Guest staang

Hi Ed,I am not certain on this one. I have written to PMDG to get some info about this topic. RegardsTerry

I've never had the STAR RNW assignments work, the FMC in the 737 ignores them (I don't have the 747). I've tried moving them within the STAR construct and that creates an error. Ryan has collected a list of fixes for the FSX versions, maybe we can get him to add this to his list.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Dan,Thanks for the reply and I agree I cannot get it to work either, tried just about everything I could.It works with the SIDS. When I select a SID that has a transition it will remove all the runways except for the ones for that SID.But, STARS are a different story. The RNW at the end of STAR doesn't do anything like you said. Probably an easy fix in the coding of the program.Although Terry's tutorial says it should ignore all runways not listed in that STAR. One other question. Do you and Terry have a program that does the SIDS and STARS or did you do them manually? I am enjoying updating some of the airports I fly into from the latest charts from Jeppesen which we can print off the computer in our airplane. The more I work with the program the more fun I'm having.Thanks for all the hard work and time you and Terry have put into this to make flying the FMS more realistic.Ed

Hi Terry,Many thanks for info, I did download and try Super Flight Planner and it seems to do the job OK. Sorry about the delay in replying but I've been told to get my priorities right, apparently we have to have the bathroom decorated before Christmas! don't know what all the fuss is about really as most of our friends who come spend a darned sight more time playing with my flight simulator then they do in the bathroom.Once again many thanks for the reply and for the excellent tutorial.Pete.