Sign in to follow this  
Guest BabyToy

Intersection Unknown

Guest BabyToy

Terry,I tried to program a flight, VHHH-RPLB, but got stuck on the FMC. The PMDG FMC triggered an error 'RPLB' error: 'BAGTA' unknown. Editing the RPLB procedure file and adding the BAGTA intersection did not solve the error.The AIRAC cycle I'm using is 0612.Thank you.Vic

Guest staang

Hello Vic,Based on what you say you have me stumped if BAGTA is part of an RPLB STAR or IAP. Adding BAGTA as a FIX in the FIXES section was the correct thing to do. It should have cured the BAGTA unknown problem because once an intersection is defined in the FIXES section the FMC uses that data and does not look further in the AIRAC data or in the flight sim data. That is if BAGTA is part of a STAR, SID or IAP. You might double check that you entered the FIX correctly though.If BAGTA is part of the route you were typing into the FMC and you get that error then it is probably the AIRAC data. In that case you either add BAGTA to that data or contact the producer of the AIRAC data and ask for their help.Sorry I don't have a specific fix.RegardsTerry

Guest BabyToy

Terry,The BAGTA intersection is part of the RPLB SID. Anyway I edited the FIX file in the FMCWP directory and manually added BAGTA.What surprises me was that the FMC didn't find the BAGTA declaration in the FIXES section of the SID/STAR file.I'll post the relevant sections of the two revised files here later for your review.Thank you.Vic

Guest staang

Hi Vic,That surprises me too. The drill for the FMC is to look in the FIXES section first and use the intersections it finds there. The only thing I can think of is some sort of syntax error in typing in the FIX but that should have produced an error. Very odd. Where did you get the SID? I'd like to try it out.Regards and Merry 'XmasTerry