Sign in to follow this  
dave_paige

Missing KATL SIDs

Hi Terry;I've just recently noticed that several of the RNAV DPs for KATL that recently changed are completely missing from the procedures data on planepath.com for both the PMDG and LVL-D. For example there is no BRAVS4 departure and several others. Any ideas?

Dave Paige

Guest staang

Howdy Dave,I just checked and indeed there is no BRAVS4. This is not uncommon though. The USFIF, which I use to make all the procedures, is designed for the military. As such it contains only those procedures that can be used by or are of interest to the military. This occasionally leaves some out as I can only make procedures from the available data. Sorry. RegardsTerry

Hi Terry;As I said in my e-mail it just seems strange that all of a sudden the BRAVS4 and some others would be excluded. I'm pretty sure the BRAVS3 was in there in previous cycles. But thanks for looking into it anyway.

Dave Paige

Guest staang

Howdy Dave>As I said in my e-mail it just seems strange that all of a>sudden the BRAVS4 and some others would be excluded. I don't have an answer for that but it is not uncommon. When I compile the procedures I frequently get notified that 3 or 4 procedures are missing that had been in the previous cycle. I also get notified that some new ones have been added. Sort of balances out over the long run. I'll do my best to provide all I can.RegardsTerry

BRAVS4 was deleted by the FAA, cycle 0612 I think. When in doubt check the source (FAA NACO).

Dan Downs KCRP

The most common departure for west bound aircraft, RMBLN is also not present. Not to mention the ATL departure.Is there a way to access prior history data, and maybe adapt or replace the KATL file ourselves to includes these missing SIDS???

ATL5 DP is a generic vectors departure, there are no routes involved. These procedures are common at all busy airports (ORD only has one of these, nonething else), they are primarily to cut down on radio traffic by providing departure frequencies and general departure information on a chart instead of in a clearance.RMBLN has not changed since cycle 0612.I have a sidstar procedure file available at http://www.NavData.at for KATL, also 45 other locations available in one collection in the AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans library. Many are based on Terry's work, others are built from scratch using FAA digital aeronautical information. The KATL procedures include some extras like routing between departure and routes, or arrivals and the ILS FAF. It is current for this cycle.Anyone can update these or create new ones, most of us are just hobbyists. Terry has a very good tutorial available at his web site planepath.com.

Dan Downs KCRP