Sign in to follow this  
Guest fyrestrtr

Problem with 0613 cycle

Guest fyrestrtr

Hello: After installing both the data from AIRAC cycle and the procedures for PMDG, I have a strange problem. In the default KSEA airport, I get the following in the FMC: KSEA err: 16R rwy unknown I also get similar errors for EGLL (I haven't tested other airports). Does anyone know of a solution for this?Thanks,

Guest staang

Hello Burhan>KSEA err: 16R rwy unknownYou didn't mention where you got the terminal procedures and the AIRAC data. Since the AIRAC is now commercial and there are two sources for the terminal procedures, one free and the other commercial your answer could come from one of two sources. This error is generally caused by a mismatch of the AIRAC and terminal procedure cycle numbers. In this case it should mean that one or the other has had a runway number change or error at KSEA. The FMC reads in the runway numbers from the procedures file and compares them to what it finds in the wpNavAPT.txt file (part of the AIRAC files). If they don't agree you get the error. You might check the wpNavAPT.txt in the FMCWPNavData folder and see if KSEA has 16R listed. If it does have 16R then I am stumped. If not then you need to go to the AIRAC author for correction or fix it yourself.RegardsTerry

Guest fyrestrtr

Hi Terry, thanks for your reply.I got the procedures from planeplan.com and the AIRAC from navdata/navigraph.In wpNavAPT.txt I don't have a 16R for KSEA, just 34R/C and 16L/C.How would I fix it? :)

Guest staang

Hello Burhan,Well now you are getting into a gray area for me. I am not the author of that commercial data and you probably should go to that source so they know the problem and can correct it.However, in the meanwhile, if you look at the wpNavAPT.txt file you can figure out the simple format. All you would need to do is add another line for that missing runway by using the same line format.RegardsTerry

KSEA changed runway numbers a little while back to accomodate a new parallel runway to the West of the existing two. I believe 16r became 16c. As pointed out, the airac has this change but if the sidstar still uses the old numbers then you'll get the error. I started using the new numbers in my sidstars cycle 0610 (I think).

Dan Downs KCRP