Sign in to follow this  
Guest gactucker

PMDG FMC Error message

Guest gactucker

I have been writing my own procedures for my PMDG 737NG successfuly (Thanks to Terry's excellent guide) However my latest attempt results in an FMC error message saying that a Navaid can't be found. The Navaid in question is in the "wpNavAID.txt" file. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what might cause this.

It sure isn't what you'd expect.I've made it a habit to declare the navaids I use as fixes, simply because it reduces the number for external references that I rely on.If for no other reason that troubleshooting, try it this way.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest gactucker

Dan,Thanks for the reply. I declared the navaid in question in the Fixes section but I still get the same message:CYVR err: ITL UnknownAny ideas?Gareth

Assuming that ITL is declared as a fix, the common cause for and error is something is referring to ITL before it is declared (forward references don't work).If you're still stuck, email the file to me at downscc@swbell.net and I'll see if I can spot the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest gactucker

Hi Dan,The first mention of it in the file is the reference in the fixes section. ITL appears only one more time and that is in the STAR that I used it in. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have emailed you the file (CYVR.txt). Thanks in advance for taking the time to look at itGareth Tucker