Sign in to follow this  
ARetallack

Cannot get UNTIL <alt> working on PMDG

Hi there,I'm JUST starting out writing Terminal Procedures for the PMDG 744, focussing on South Africa as it is usually left out by others, and am struggling on my second SID. I have the following:SIDSSID KOD1A RNW 01 KEEP HDG UNTIL 3.0 FROM NAVAID CTV TRK 330 INTERCEPT RADIAL 354 FROM NAVAID CTV TRK 354 UNTIL 8.0 FROM NAVAID CTV TRK 060 INTERCEPT RADIAL 032 FROM NAVAID CTV NAVAID KODESSID KOD1B RNW 19 KEEP HDG UNTIL 5.0 FROM NAVAID CTV TRK 240 INTERCEPT RADIAL 210 FROM NAVAID CTV TRK 210 UNTIL 5500 TRK 335 UNTIL RADIAL 250 FROM NAVAID CTV TURN RIGHT DIRECT NAVAID RIV NAVAID KODESENDSIDSI have got KODES1A working OK, but KODES1B just does not play ball when I put the UNTIL 5500 restriction in. If I put a distance restriction it seems to be OK. Instead of the aircraft tracking 335 deg, it seems to track the 210 radial inbound (i.e. at 30 degrees).I thought I might ask for some help from those wiser than I!The chart is:http://www.vatsim.za.net/downloads/charts/...S_1B_rwy_19.gifMany thanks in advanceAndrew

I can't see anything wrong with the synatax that you use, so you've no need to bump your head against the wall trying to figure it out. I usually have better results in the 737 using UNTIL distance, which is the opposite of your wayward glitch. If I were troubleshooting this one, I would try to isolate the R-210 outbound track from the conditional fix before it.... two conditional fixes in a row can be a problem even tho you don't exactly have that but..Try puting a fix on the R-210 at about the location of the intercept,exact location isn't important, and one on the initial outbound leg at 5DME.. this one is easy 'cause you can slew FS to the exact spot. Then you just have two fixes and then the conditional altitude. I suspect that this might work.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP