Sign in to follow this  
Jim Harnes

PSS

This is an example of several SIDs from the current cycle which do not display in the PSS 757 CDU:(KDFW/SOLDO2/RW35C /SQS) (NOTE: parens vice brackets for posting)6,SQS,10,,,,,CA,,354.0,0,0,,0,0,0,+,1100,0,06,SQS,20,MECHL,33.020278,-96.997500,,DF,,0,0,0,,0,0,0,+,4000,0,06,SQS,30,MAVVS,33.012308,-96.898797,,TF,,89.0,0,5.0,,0,0,230,+,6500,0,06,SQS,40,SOLDO,32.865278,-96.332311,,TF,,101.0,0,30.0,,0,0,0, ,0,0,05,SQS,10,SOLDO,32.865278,-96.332311,,IF,,0,0,0,,0,0,0, ,0,0,05,SQS,20,UIM,32.880403,-95.366754,UIM,TF,,83.0,0,49.0,,0,0,0, ,0,0,05,SQS,30,ELD,33.256153,-92.743947,ELD,TF,,74.0,0,134.0,,0,0,0, ,0,0,04,SQS,10,ELD,33.256153,-92.743947,ELD,IF,,0,0,0,,0,0,0, ,0,0,04,SQS,20,SQS,33.463861,-90.277333,SQS,TF,,78.0,0,125.0,,0,0,0, ,0,0,0Any idea what can be done for a fix?Jim Harnes

Guest staang

You can try contacting the author. RegardsTerry

Terry,The example above is from PSS Cycle 0704 obtained from your site.That particular SID is RNAV. Perhaps the PSS simulation will not display it because it is RNAV?Jim Harnes

Guest staang

Hi Jim.I doubt that the procedure being RNAV makes any difference. A waypoint is a waypoint but I can't be definitive here because if you look at the readme file it lists the aircraft the procedures are for and the PSS 757 is not included. I simply don't have that aircraft to do testing with and have not confirmed its database format. However, all the rest of the PSS aircraft use square brackets instead of those parentheses in your sample.Sorry I can't be of more help.RegardsTerry

Terry,Per my original post, the procedure does have brackets. I used the parentheses because brackets would not post in this forum.I'll try it with the PSS 777, which uses the same same flight plan format as the PSS 757. Suspect the the PSS 777/757 share a lot of code.This situation is similar to one I experienced with the PSS 777. EGLL SIDS contained in the download from your site would not display properly. I replaced the EGLL SIDS/STARS with files from the NAVDATA site and the SIDS displayed properly. This was subsequent to your data source change.I'll post what I find.Jim Harnes

Guest BigJacko

Hi Jim, this tallies with my findings, referred to in my post of yesterday: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...sg_id=482&page=Sorry Terry, I had the forum set to only display posts newer than one month, so Jim's didn't show up until I found that feature today.The topics do seem to be the same, though - partial display (or complete absence) of an obviously 'workable' PlanePath procedure, in or or more PSS planes, since the change to the new data-provider, post-DAFIF.Jim - you may find that (for the UK SIDs at least), switching over to Navigraph data, whilst it resolves the problem of 'absence of procedure', it introduces others - notably reliance on some ARINC trackcodes (CI, CR, VI, VR) which appear not to work at all or properly in some PSS planes (though I have only tested the PSS Airbus Pro).Unfortunately, neither PlanePath (Terry) nor Navigraph have quite cracked this one, yet. I could curse those NGA boys for taking down the DAFIF, eh? :) The trouble they've caused us all! ;) Obviously, that's not meant in ANY way as a grumble at Terry - he's not charging anyone for the privilege of using his wonderful efforts, and I am more than willing to undertake whatever bug-testing he might wish to throw my way!Certainly my specific observations thus far, with this specific PSS/PlanePath problems, seem to pan out to:1 - Many UK SIDs (in Terry's new files) seem to end with JUST an Initial Fix, legtype 5, which causes the entire SID to go unseen by PSS. These can be resolved by simply deleting that last legtype 5 line (but ONLY if it's just an IF with nothing after it)2 - Many other UK SIDs feature two-or-more legtype 5 lines at their end, after a bunch of legtype 6 lines, none of which use actual transition definitions (or even have multiple routes-in). These get displayed partially (just the legtype 5 stuff shows up). My hack for these, is to change the legtype 6s to legtype 4s (ugly, but it seems to work, though I'm not happy with it as a solution).3 - Some UK SIDs feature a mixture of legtypes 6, 5 and 4, and these ONLY seem to display properly in PSS, if the legtype 6 & 4 lines are properly and fully declared using different transition codes per sub-route. There are precious few of this type of SID in the UK, but they are much more common in the USA - multiple entry-routes (legtype 6) and exit routes (legtype 4) with a common SID middle (legtype 5). This is why I think the problem has gone largely unnoticed in America - because for the USA, most things seem to just work okay, because they are the 'norm' for SIDs over there, and all the transition legs are defined fully. However, in the UK, multiple entry or exit-routes for a SID is very uncommon, and thus many SIDs are wholly defined (by the datasource) using legtype 6s and 4s WITHOUT any form of transition selector definition at all. I think this is what breaks the PSS FMC, personally (but that is a guess, of course).Maybe this is why most of the freeware developers seem to use mainly legtype 2 (and JUST legtype 2, thoughout) for many of the UKs SID procedures? Not sure - but it might be worth exploration, in case there's any easy 'fix' which can be arbitrarily applied automatically to the raw data, before it's exported into PSSSID.DAT format? I have worked on various methods of pinpointing the affected UK SIDs, and can provide a comprehensive list of those affected in Planepath 0705, if this would help at all?Regards