Sign in to follow this  
jcmissionary

Wilco CRJ procedures causing CTD

Terry,First off, I'd like to express my appreciation for your work. It's good to see someone who is willing to sacrifice of themselves for others.Now my problem. :-)I updated my Wilco CRJ navdata with the 0704 cycle from Navigraph. I then updated my procedures using the CRJ file from your website. When pressing the DEP/ARR key on the CRJ FMC, my screen would go blank, and then I would get a CTD. This happens with the 200, 700, and 900 series.When I revert my procedures back to the ones in your beta file here on Avsim, the CTD goes away, and I can select departures and arrivals once again. Is there any light that you could shed on what is happening here? Thanks!

Guest staang

Howdy, JC is it?>When I revert my procedures back to the ones in your beta file>here on Avsim, the CTD goes away, and I can select departures>and arrivals once again. Beta file on avsim? That is a very old file. If you reload the 0703 procedures do you still get the CTD? Did or do any other airports and procedures work?Do you know for sure it is not the AIRAC data causing the CTD?I'll need to try and recreate your problem. What were your departure and arrival airports? Did you have any DP and/or STAR selected? RegardsTerry

The 0704 procedures are the first ones that I've downloaded from your site, so I don't have access to the 0703 ones, unless there's an archive on your site that I've missed.No airports or procedures work. I've tried it at a number of airports, and at each one, I get a CTD when I select the DEP/ARR button.I couldn't positively say for sure that the AIRAC is not at fault here. However, if I install the terminal procedures included with the Navigraph release for 0704 over the 0704 planepath procedures, the CTD goes away. The problem with that is that the Navigraph database is missing a considerable number of procedures.I loaded flight plans from KPHL to KDAY and KSLC to KIDA. Both of these routes caused CTD's when the DEP/ARR button was pressed. Since I can't get into the procedures menu, I was not able to select any DPs or STARs.This isn't that big of a deal, though. Don't stress yourself over it. I can work around it easily enough. If you can find something wrong, great. If not, no worries. Thanks for your help. :7

Guest jmac

Hello, I just wanted to know if anything was ever figured out about this topic as it happens to me as well, exactly as discribed above, whenever I hit the DEP/ARR key. I've narrowed it down to cycles 0704 and 0705. Cycle 0703 is the latest one I can use and not get a crash to desktop when I hit the DEP/ARR key.Appreciate it,Jeff

Guest staang

Hi Jeff,No progress yet. My FS04 does not CTD but it does freeze FS04 in a black screen. I have temporarily discontinued the CRJ download until I figure this one out. I'll announce when I think it has been fixed.ThanksTerry

Guest jmac

OK great, thanks alot. I'll be standing by. And thanks for spending the time on creating these, I really appreciate it.Jeff

Hi,Just to inform you: The CRJ procedures currently downloadable as CRJ_Procedures_0708.exe continue to produce the CTD. Yesterday I tried to enter LOWW-EDDM but whenever I hit the Dep/Arr key on the FMC the CTD appeared.RgdsReinhard

Guest staang

Hmmm, since I don't produce any LO-- or ED-- procedures those can't be the problem. You get any error msg before the CTD? It crash when you selected LOWW or EDDM? You use any procedures from another source?RegardsTerry

Hi,FS2004 crashes when I hit the DEP/ARR button in the FMC. I wanted to select the active runway for departure after entering LOWW and EDDM as departure/arrival airport but I was not able to rech the selction screen with your procedures installed. I reinstalled the files from Navigraph and immediately I was able to enter the flightplan with runways for departure and arrival.I checked your file vs. the minimal file from navigraph and found some lines like this one:2 KYKM WENAS5 RW04 ......NED 46.294876 -119.960040 0 0 <<<<< ?????So it seems, that some of the lines are too long and are therefore wrapped automatically. Check this with notepad and turning "word wrap" off in the Procs.ftd file.RgdsReinhard

Guest staang

OK. Thanks for the hint. The line wrap has no bearing on the file but I'll check it out in case there are some super long lines that shouldn't be there.ThanksRegardsTerry

Guest staang

Hello Reinhard,I think it is fixed, I hope. I have not gotten any CTD using the CRJ 900. I loaded your LOWW to EDDM and it did not crash. There were no SIDs or STARs of course since I can only supply the US, UK, Ireland and Scotland. I also tried the KPHL to KDAY and KSLC to KIDA that J.C. had problems with and they did not crash either. I will put the procedures up for download this Thursday but if you would care to try them out now use the below link and please let me know your results. J.C. Howell you are also encouraged to try out the 0709 cycle.http://planepath.com/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi...edures_0709.exeRegardsTerry

Terry,Perfectly - every is fine now again. No CTD after pressing the DEP/ARR button.Best regards and my appreciation for your workReinhard