Sign in to follow this  
QF501

Wilco 737/777 procedures

Hi All I have just bought Wilco 737/777 products and i can not find any SIDS/STARS for flying in and out of Australia. I guess i am asking if there are any written or how do I go about writting them myself. Can anyone help me out, any information would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Mark

Guest BigJacko

There are some downloads on the Feelthere website (notably the so-called DB 'editor', which is really just an XML parser and input/output tool that runs in commandline). Their support forum also has a sub-forum for this Database Editor, which has various links to materials that might help you develop your own SIDs/STARs for Oz.I warn you, though... the Feelthere planes all run from a common database (ND.MDB) which is just an MS Access Database, but do NOT be tempted to make manual alterations to this thru MS Access. It's very tightly tied together (using Relationships and referential-integrity checking), and using the Feelthere editor (FTND.EXE) is the ONLY safe way to enter, alter and delete procedures. Using MS Access by hand will probably wreck it very fast!Likewise, you'll find that although the 'core' XML you have to write, is broadly-speaking similar to standard ARINC-424 concepts and terminology, not all the Feelthere planes interpret the data the same way! Hence, a procedure you write for the B737 may not work properly on the B777, ERJ-145, Wilco Airbus, or Embraer Legacy, depending on what ARINC track codes you've used. On some, it'll even cause a crash-to-desktop or a black-screen, so you need to be extremely careful if you're thinking of publishing your procedures to the world-at-large!There was also a very powerful graphical editor (a TRUE editor, rather than just an importer) available, made by the guy at www.fliteprep.de, but he very recently seems to have given up with the challenge and taken his excellent utility offline, so we can't obtain it anymore. :( I'll leave you to discover the relative merits of the Feelthere support forums, or not... Good luck! You may need it. Myself and a pal who are working on some UK SIDSTARs for two separate Feelthere planes have lost a bunch of hair and gone grey over the last few weeks ;)